Any barefooters out there?

I'm a wannabe barefooter... I am barefoot almost all the time in my house, about half the time outside, and when I garden. I am going to start running barefoot tomorrow.

I'll post some links as a reply for those who have preconceptions or simply haven't heard about people choosing this.

If you think barefeet are gross, you probably will share that here, but I'll just feel sad for you so it probably won't have the effect you hope.

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 11:07 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My feet are only happy when unconfined in the boundaries of shoes. I cannot stand to wear any sort of footwear unless it is to drive (it's illegal to drive here barefoot), go out in public, or walk on hot top or those prickly things that grow in the grass...lol.
    I have gone barefoot for most of my life and have never had warts or ringworm from it. I keep my feet clean. And they smell better after they have been barefoot all day than when they've been cooped up in shoes for a few hours.
    By the way, I had no clue there were organizations for barefooters! LOL....I thought it was just a lifestyle choice like choosing not to wear underpants or something....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:43 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I think shoes are a necessary evil. Emphasis on evil....lol. I only wear them in public. At home as soon as I am through the door the shoes are off.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:09 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm right there with you... being barefoot is simply more comfortable for me. I even had a barefoot wedding! Me, my husband and everyone in the wedding party was barefoot (though they didn't all enjoy it lol) We got married outside in a gazebo and it was just more comfortable.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 11:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• When I was little, I hated wearing shoes and would only do so when I was forced to. Like school or at the store or whatever. I got my bike taken away because I was riding without shoes. (Both my dad and my sister lost a toenail that way) As I got older, I became ashamed of my feet because my toes are crooked so I would wear shoes in front of people, but never when I was alone or with family. Because of that, my feet are super tough! I walk the gravel lot between the back door and the dumpster barefoot quite regularly. I also wash my feet like crazy! I don't think I could ever run barefoot, but I hate wearing shoes.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree completely, even though I've got heel spurs, tendonitis and have broken a number of the small bones in my feet. lol I think I own maybe less then 10 pairs of shoes, that covers everything for the whole year...boots and heels included. But they are awfully lonely, cuz they never get worn.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If you like it go for it.... but oddly enough since I was a kid I could not stand my hands or feet to be dirty. I am always in flip flops, even in my house just bc I don't like the feel of even one grain of dirt on my feet.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:27 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My husband went a few years without shoes in his youth. I mean he hitch hiked around the country with a backpack and no shoes. He went EVERYWHERE barefoot.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• me! im always barefoot except for when i run errands.stores etc.when i walk im barefoot,.to the park etc. running barefoot i have not tried but certainly wouldnt be against it,.let me know how it goes..share your expirence please!lol
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I only wear shoes when I have to. Otherwise I am barefoot. My shoes come off the minute I walk through the door and the socks go soon afterward. I have never liked wearing shoes. I love running through soft, cool grass or digging my feet in warm sand.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:19 AM on May. 29, 2009