What carseat do you have?

My daughter is 2 and weighs close to 40lbs and is about 37 inches tall.She rides in a evenflo tribute which has a limit of 40 lbs on it.Her thighs are chunky and are strting to get pinched.I want to get her a new seat but dont want to spend a fortune for it.Even if we were rich Idont see myself paying alot for a seat that is as safe as a cheaper one.I am looking towards the evnflo triumpg or the Graco Nautilus.the triumph harnesses to 50 and the Gn to 65,with the Gn she would have to ride on the outward seat bc of the Gn requirments.Also the apex 65 is out bc we dont have headrest.I would like some opinions on what your toddler has and how comfy it is for them.

Lindasmama

Asked by Lindasmama at 11:13 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 17 1/2 months old and he use the graco nautlis. I really love this carseat because it will grow with, got really great rating and it wasn't really expenise but most it really comfort and has plenty of room for my son.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:18 PM on May. 28, 2009

• hannah has the apex 65 but we are thinking of investing in the regent
    hannahsmommy321

Answer by hannahsmommy321 at 11:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My daughter has the Graco Seneca I think. It is rated up to 65 pounds I am pretty sure. We got it for $20 through the fire district here, but I think at Walmart or Target it retails about $55. My daughter fits in it great.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My son has the nautilus, and loves it. It's comfy, reclines and even has a cupholder!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:27 PM on May. 28, 2009

• mom1stepmom1- what is a graco senaca? I googled it and found nothing.I think you mean the cosco scenara,if so then it only harnesses to 40lbs.I thinks that what yo ugot bc they are $55 at walmart.

Ladies with the Gn does your babies thighs get pinched? dd ahs chunky thighs.
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 11:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• We have 2 Britax Frontiers. The biggest reason for us was the adjustable crotch strap. If you have a child with chunky thighs, they will be pinched in the GN. My boys are only around 30 pounds at almost 3 years old, and they aren't chunky, but the GN was not comfy for them at all.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:05 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I have the manual out in the car. I will go and check for you in the morning. I know it is a Graco, I was guessing on the model apparently! Sorry.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:13 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My 2 year old son weighs about 34 pounds and is about to be moved into a Britax Frontier. We tried out the Nautilus and my son's chunky thighs were so squished, and he also told me "Balls tight." As in, the crotch strap was pinching his balls LOL Definitely not a good thing. The Frontier is 250 at Diapers.com if you've never placed an order there... you get 10% off with the code 10percent. It was the cheapest I found anywhere online.

Another thing... a more expensive seat is most likely a safer seat. Britax seats are very expensive because they are definitely top of the line in safety AND comfort. Britax tests their seats way beyond the minimum requirements, and are extremely safe seats. I'm completely willing to shell out the money for Britax seats because I know that if we were to get in the worst accident of our lives, Britax seats will keep my kids as safe as they can possibly be. (That sounded like a commercial haha!)
    MelanieLouise

Answer by MelanieLouise at 1:17 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I have a Graco Nautilus and a Britax Boulevard. My 3 yo rides in the Nautilus and loves it. Roomy, lots of space to grow. I would highly recommend it. I like the Boulevard too. However, had I not needed the rear facing aspect of the boulevard, I would have gotten a Nautius for my almost 2 year old as well. If you have a babies r us near you they will let you try out the carseats before you buy them so you can decide which one works best for you.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:48 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Expense has nothing to do with the seat. It the child doesn't fit in the seat properly, it's not safe. If the seat doesn't fit in the vehicle properly, it's not safe. It can be a $500 seat, but if the child doesn't fit and it doesn't fit in the vehicle....it's worthless.

Take her into the store with you....Walmart, Target, Babies R Us, where ever...and try her in the seats. I know with Babies R Us they will help you take the seat out and try it in your vehicle, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:34 AM on May. 29, 2009