what do does your diet consist of?

Im so bad this pregnancy eating lots of sugar sweet stuff. I am 13 weeks and gained 10 lbs already .. I need to change it up. What is your normal day consist of as far as what you eat ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I follow the brewer's diet (www.blueribbonbaby.org) so my daily food intake consist of:

2 eggs
    75-80 grams of protien
    2 servings of green leafy veggies
    2 servings of a vitamin C rich food
    5 servings of whole grains
    1 vitamin A rich food
    4 servings of milk or milk foods such as cheese
    5 servings of fats (butter, oil, etc. but NOT margarine since it's filled with chemicals and may as well be plastic)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I was experiencing the same thing...constant sweet cravings. What the health educator/nutritionist at my OB told me was to try replacing some of the big sweets (like cake, ice cream, candy bars, etc) with something like strawberries, light chocolate milk (not already made, but made at home with HALF of the chocolate you'd usually put), & cereals (my personal favorites are honey bunches of oats & cheerios they both hit the sweet tooth). Other than that, remember to get your protein! Try some skinless chicken breast with a sweet orange sauce (to help the sweet taste without risking your health) or roasted ham with pineapple. I do want to warn you though, increased sugar cravings can also be linked to diabetes, so ask your OB if there is an on-site nutritionist or someone you can talk to about your intake & also make sure to have your glucose checked! Good luck mama & congrats!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i eat terrible...but, always take my prenatal vitamin... i cut out a few bad things out of my diet....but, mostly love sugar and fast food. it's really hard to change completely, cold turkey...but, as long as you eat fruits and veggies along with the sugary junk foods, you should be fine. I am and so is my baby. Everything in moderation.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Try starting your day by drinking a TALL glass of water...before ANYTHING. You are most dehydrated in the morning and this can lead to sweet cravings right off the bat. I know when I start the day out eating something sugary...it just sets up the rest of the day for craving bad things. I can't stress enough water. You should strive for 10 pints a day. I know it sounds like a lot, but get yourself a 20 oz sipper bottle and fill it 8 times. Water is essential and will keep your cravings to a minimum :)
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 10:15 AM on May. 29, 2009