Why am I still leaking???

It has been a year since my son has been born and i'm still lactating. Why is that? Will it ever stop??

nates_mommi

Asked by nates_mommi at 11:34 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't remember lactating for that long. you should ask your doctor if that is normal.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:50 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It will stop. It's normal to have milk for a year or so; your body knows what it's programmed to be doing.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Try putting cabbage leaves on your breasts. It helps dry up milk.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 7:56 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It will stop eventually.
    Maybe your breasts know that The World Health Organization recommends breasfeeding for a minimum of two years. Why don't you try to restart breastfeeding?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:51 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I had a similair issue and it turned out that my homones were out of whack and I was going through menopause...(I was in my late 20s). Not saying that's what is happening, just what happened to me. I would ask your doctor.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 12:16 PM on May. 29, 2009