• In the Spotlight:

need advice

my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and I am 27 weeks pregnant with our first child.. I am a high risk for miscarriage and birthing problems so right now I am not working. He only works one or two days a week and I am living with my mom and right now he is technically "homeless".. I want to stay with him because I love him and want us to be a family but I don't know if I can stay with him because he just won't get a job..
please no bashing or rude comments but honesty is appriciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• No no she does not have to put up the baby for adoption.She can stay with her mom and I am sure as soon as she has the baby and heals she can get a job anonymous.That is stupid.She is not asking youadvice on adoption.There are plenty of single woman out there that do a good job raising their kids.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 2:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• If you love him then don't give up on him. Times are tough for everyone right now, You have a baby together so you should do everything you can to support him as well as making sure he understands that he needs to do everything he can to get a job doing what ever he needs to in order to help support your baby!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 11:56 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Stay with your mother. You are lucky to have one that loves you enough to be supportive. When SO gets his act together, then and only then, would I consider living with him.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• When my then boyfriend, now husband, found out we were having a baby he (after lots of thinking)sucked it up and I think so does yours and get a job should be first on the list. I am not bashing....but he realized he had someone else to care for and it was his responsibility to step up like a man and help take care of our child. I hope for your childs sake he realizes it soon. Good luck
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i would consider giving he baby up for adoption. love doesn't make things perfect for a baby but healthy loving married couple who can afford a baby and i'm sure would be willing to let you see the baby and have a relationship with. it's about the baby and you both can't take care of it like it should be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 29, 2009

• are you eligable for welfare? like foodstamps or families first?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• stay with your mother.. he needs to get his s*(& together before trying to have a family!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Can't or won't? The first is a pretty common problem these days. The second is a HUGE red flag and your doubts are right on.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Right now I really think you need to stay with your mom. As for your SO he needs to put you and the baby first. By that I mean he has to get a steady job, and find a place to live and prove to you that he can support/take care of you and the baby. Only after he gets his act together should you even think about living with him. I wish you the best and hope all goes well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:12 PM on May. 29, 2009

• when i was 19 i left college due to a major depression and hooked up with a total loser. he was living in his car or on friends' couches. i got pregnant while he was living with one of my friends. my mom was supportive but said children need more than love... you say he won't work... do you want to put yourself in a position of having to wonder how you are going to feed and clothe your child on a daily basis? do you think because he's a sperm donor he can be forgiven being irresponsible? stay with your mom who can make sure you and your child are safe. i'm not saying dump the guy - maybe he can change - but get your priorities figured out - this baby needs you. he's a grown man and needs to act like one and he needs to figure that out on his own.
    Anonymous