How do I get hair dye off of my hands?

I dyed my sons hair tonight and forgot to buy gloves when I got the dye so now I have black hands and fingernails and have no idea how to get the stuff off. Please help if you can.

mommaspride

Asked by mommaspride at 11:43 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Try baby oil and sugar, rub it all over your hands it makes kind of a scrub and moisturizes at the same time!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 11:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• not sure but try dish soap and alot of scrubbing
    Anonymous

• wash them a lot, it will eventually come off. ive done it many times without gloves ( i used to work in a salon). i jsut got used to the mutant hands! u could try washing with a little peroxide. otherwise...the scrub idea by diana was great...definatly exfoliate that skin. and paint your nails, that will cover that up. it will eventually wear off of those too
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Hi I am a cosometologist, use warm water and salt, you may have to use a nail scrub brush with quite a bit of salt to get under your fingernails, this is pretty harsh for your skin, so be sure to put lotion on.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:05 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Thats exactly why I said to use the sugar and baby oil! LOL Salt sucks all of the moisture out of your hands silly!!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 4:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• May sound weird, by try ashes, if anyone you know smokes. Rub the ashes into the dye, dampen it, and then scrub off with soap and water. My old hairdresser used that for getting dye off of people's hairlines if he missed a spot with the vaseline. I was surprised, it worked really well.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 11:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• mr clean magic eraser
    oscarandbaby

Answer by oscarandbaby at 11:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Hi just so you know, salt absorbs the color, sugar will only exfoliate, I do sugar an baby oil all the time for rough skin, but it does not work on haircolor as well as salt. I am not silly, thanks!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:13 AM on May. 30, 2009