HELP MY 2 YEAR OLD SON IS GETTING ERECTIONS. IS THIS NORMAL?

My two year old has been getting erection for the past three days! NOt only that he humps his blanket too! Is this normal behavior? I told my mohter and she really freaked me out, she tlels me he had to see that from somewhere!

sandrap121

Asked by sandrap121 at 11:47 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's totally normal and it's only the beginning ..LOL
    I have 2 boys ages 11 & 9 ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 11:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• OMG!! Your Mom is totally wrong, no offense. It is totally normal, even for babies to get erections. Just ignore the humping thing and don't say anything to confuse him or make him feel dirty or naughty. This is human nature. If he starts to become more public about it like around the house, then encourage him to do this in his room or by himself. It's perfectly ok, he's a boy! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, normal
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 12:11 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Totally normal. I have one that almost always has one in the morning, and my other little one gets one when he has a bm.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:07 AM on May. 29, 2009

• that's nothing! the other day i was sitting outside and came in to see what my son was doing and he was laying on the couch with his diaper off playing with himself. ahhh! lol.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:49 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Totally normal. Just wait, my 3 yo son has a penis song he sings from time to time. He also came running into the room one day all excited and exclaimed "Look, mom! My penis wiggles!"
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:51 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Like my mother always says..."they play with it from womb to tomb".

Don't worry, I have three boys and it is completely normal. I agree with anon about not making him feel dirty about it. I would just tell him to do that in his room, that it is not something to be doing around anyone.

Tell your mom to shut up...what does she know?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:46 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Did your mom not have any boys? I remember when my younger brother was little..he used to just pull his pants down and flop it around, claiming his "winky needed fwesh air". Boys are just like that.
    CherrieDarling

Answer by CherrieDarling at 5:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I have a soon to be two year old. And he becomes infatuated with his too. When I take his diaper off...his hands go straight down there. I know it looks weird..but he is making the "humping" movement...because it just feels good. My son does it to his diaper when i try to take it off. The best thing you can do, is to not draw attention to it...trust me, he is doing that enough on his own...lol. Oh, and just because he does that, doesnt mean that he has "saw something" Your mom is obviously close minded...lol.
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 6:12 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Oh...and the whole "erection" thing, is normal too. I change my son in the middle of the night while he is sleeping, so he wont wake up so early, and he almost always has one. The first time i saw it...it freaked me out alittle. But, you have to realize, he doesnt have "those kind of thoughs" to provoke an erection. It;s just nerve endings being rubbed against his clothes and diapers...thats all....
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 6:14 AM on May. 29, 2009