i went to the dr today..

and they told me i was having a boy but im only 15weeks..is this too early???

priscilla2boys

Asked by priscilla2boys at 11:54 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found out what sex my twins were at 16 weeks. I would say you are right on time.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 12:00 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I was told at 13 weeks that it LOOKED like I was having a boy, but the tech wasn't "technically" allowed to say for SURE until I was 20 weeks. Sure enough, at my 20 week ultrasound they confirmed I am having a boy! I would say by now they are probably pretty sure.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:02 AM on May. 29, 2009

• id say your probably having a boy...they can pretty much tell right now
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:05 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I would take that with a grain of salt. Most women who have ultra sounds before about 18-20 weeks are told they are having a boy and some in fact do have boys but most of the time it's just a lucky guess because all baby's appear to be boys at first and then when the female sex organ begins developing it slowly starts moving up into the body instead of staying out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 29, 2009

• We found out with both our boys at 16 weeks.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:29 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Tests are pretty sophisticated these days and the techs usually don't say anything until they are certain. Ask what they saw that makes them sure of their opinion. You will have more testing as the pregnancy goes on. I wouldn't paint the nursery just yet. You still have time to see if this first test is accurate. www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 12:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I found out i was having a boy at 13 weeks =) Congradutions mama!
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 1:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I was 13 weeks when the told me I was having a boy. I am 30 now and I've had several ultrasounds since then, and all still say it's a boy!!!

While they can be wrong, they really try not to say one way or the other unless they are pretty sure.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 8:59 AM on May. 29, 2009

• "it's just a lucky guess because all baby's appear to be boys at first and then when the female sex organ begins developing it slowly starts moving up into the body instead of staying out."

Hmmmmmm... Im pretty sure its the other way around... right?
    valerielehne

Answer by valerielehne at 12:05 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Maybe they got lucky, you normally will have a test again at 20-25 wks and then they can tell for sure. Boys are tricky because sometimes the cord gets in between the legs and can look like a winkie.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:08 PM on May. 29, 2009