Should I ask if they want to rent?

I'm not sure how selling a home works so tell me if this is stupid. There's a beautiful house near us that's been up for sale for at least a year. We love it but aren't ready to buy a house yet. I'm tempted to see if they are willing to rent it. I found it on the website it's being sold through and it just says for sale...so would it be stupid to ask? I figure at this point maybe they'll just want some tenants to take over! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• GO FOR IT! All they can say is no. We found a house around the block from a condo we were renting and asked and we now live there! It is still up for sale but we have only had one showing in several months and we love it! Good Luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Absolutely ask; you can also ask them to consider rent-to-own (a portion of your rent would be considered to be a downpayment).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say no, and if they say no, well, all it's cost you is the time it took you to ask and the time it took them to say no. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:44 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Always ask
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 10:36 PM on May. 31, 2009