If you had the USA flag hanging on your porch or office do you think people have the right to tell you to pull it down?

I have a brother that is in the army and i had my grandpa, uncle and my dad in the war and i also had good friends that pasted away in Iraq i know i will not pull my flag down put on the news it was talking about a women that was made to pull her flag down do you think its right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not sure I understand..someone on the news asked someone else to take their flag down? What was the reason?
    I fly my flag year round , it's my home I can do with it what I choose
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:10 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Um what? This is still America right? Since when do we have problems displaying the AMERICAN FLAG in AMERICA? Its one thing if you have a North Korean flag flying in your yard or office or something like that, but if it is an American flag I can't seem to understand why anyone would have a problem with that...and if they did, they would get knocked out by me and shipped off to Cuba or some other US hating country where they belong.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:10 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Betting this has something to do with this story.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522659,00.html?test=latestnews

McLucas arrived at work at a Texas hospital last Friday, she was stunned to be told that the Stars and Stripes she had hung in her office in advance of Memorial Day were offensive, and that the flag had been removed.

McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:16 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Pretty crappy if you ask me. They let her put it back up, probably b/c they knew they were gonna get SLAMMED!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:17 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I live on base, so I don't really worry about someone asking me to pull down my flag. As long as I am not obstructing anyones view, I wouldn't pull my flag down.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:18 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Isn't hanging a flag on your property your business and your right?
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Your porch and your office are entirely different things. Your office is your employer's property and you have pretty much NO rights there unless you work for a government entity, and even then, you are limited in what is appropriate, in some ways more so than on private property. Your employer is entitled to dictate what clothes you wear, whether you can have a cup of coffee at your desk, or whether you can have a radio. Why would you assume a flag would not also be under an employer's purview?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• If she put it up for the holiday the office won't be open on sat- sun - and monday and this lady was complaing about and she has only been in the states for 14 yrs well doesn't that make her american now or did they change the 7 yrs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Hell F#*&ing NO!!!! This is a FREE country!!!!!! What is this world coming to?! This is America, people need to stop being pussy b!tchs and stand up for their country and their beleifs! I am sooo tired of all this crap! ~sorry for the bad words, but that really p's me off. God bless America!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• If the flag is be hung improperly, yes I think I should be able to at least correct the person displaying it. There are very strict rules about how an American Flag should be hung. If it is tattered and torn, I should be able to tell the owner to retire the flag. In the case of this story, I am angry and mad on how they took it down. I am proud to serve my country and I am proud to wear my flag on my shoulder. If the size of the flag was disruptive to work or others ok. But they should have not put in in a corner like that.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 1:38 AM on May. 29, 2009