Does anyone have irregular periods?

I USED TO HAVE NORMAL PERIODS, AFTER MY LAST DAUGHTER THEY STARTED GETTING WEIRD. NOW THEY RANGE FROM 28-42 DAYS AND MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONCIEVE FOR 6 MONTHS NOW AND NO HOPE. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE AND WHAT WORKED FOR YOU?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My periods have ranged from 24 to 79 days. It does not necessarily mean you have any kind of fertility issues; I have two kids and didn't require any medical help to get pregnant. The best thing you can do is chart your cycle, cervical mucus and basal body temperatures being the most helpful patterns to know. Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, or try www.fertilityfriend.com; it's a free website with lots of useful information. If you start charting, you'll be able to tell when/if you ovulate, which will in turn tell you when during each cycle you have your best chance of conceiving or if you need to go to the doctor and get medical help if you are not ovulating at all. And keep in mind that it can take up to a year to get pregnant for perfectly healthy, fertile couples, so don't stress out too much. Good luck!

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I can't tell you what's worked because we've be trying for 10 months without success. I'm hoping Clomid will be the solution, but I can't get on it until July.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:58 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I had to take Clomid with my middle daughter I have three and my body quite producing pegestrone and i went on clomid for 3 months before any success. We atleast want one more to try for my husband his little boy however we dont have insurance so we are private pay so i was hoping for something with out having to go back throught the expensise of all the lab work you require when taking clomid. I hope the best for you keep me posted Toriandgrace
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:03 AM on May. 29, 2009