What can I do to put my 4 month old to sleep?

My baby is a good baby. He eats great, he laughs a lot lol. The only problem is that he takes too long to go to sleep for his nap. By the time he does take his nap its almost time for his next feeding, he'll sleep for an hour then wake up to eat again. And I could barely get anything done around the house =( What should I do? Is this normal?

JC24

Asked by JC24 at 1:12 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is now 6months and has just started taking naps for more than a hour by herself. I still dont get a darn thing done! To get things done, I just put her in whatever room I need to do something in.

And do you put him down for a nap on a schedule? I still cant get my little one into a set schedule with sleeping or eating, except bedtime because we have a set method of doing things for that time of day.

I, personal, dont think a nap schedule is going to work at this age. When he is tired you will know, put him down then. I give a paci and she is out like a light. Its even easier to just take a nap with her. Then do some of the things I wanted to do then after I put her to sleep at night. The nap helps you get some of the sleep you missed. I take online classes and I cant even think when she is awake so it all gets done late at night.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:45 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, it's normal. Adjust the feeding schedule. Shouldn't be done on a clock, anyway...it should follow when HE is hungry.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 AM on May. 29, 2009