back pain

Does anyone have any remedies that work for back pain??? Im 26w4days... I dont know how im going to deal with the back pain for the rest of the pregnancy =( .. i have been getting weekly massages but its not really helping me that much =(

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 1:25 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just read last night on the ICY HOT tube to consult with doctor if pregnant, but I have been using it religiously for about 2 weeks.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 1:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• a hot bath and kneeling on all 4s and just moving up and down slowly relieves some pressure pain. i have horrible back pain as well so i know how you feel.. weekly massages are a waste of money honestly sweetie.. although amazing at the time the pain will be there until the end, not much to do about it. 3 months to go, you can do it! good luck!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 3:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• a warm bath is about it. i am now 39 weeks and have had so much back pain! it doesn't get better
    littlemoma520

Answer by littlemoma520 at 9:13 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I never found anything at home really helped. Even the effects from a warm bath were short lived. You can try warm compress if it feels like it's in your back muscles...if it feels lower, like near your buttocks..then do ice packs. Massage did nothing for me either since the pain wasn't in my muscles. It's usually from the bones in your pelvis becoming loose from pregnancy hormones. I can't say enough good things about chiropractic care. Especially in pregnancy. I suffered with back and pelvic pain for the entire last half of my first pregnancy. I only wish someone would've recommended this to me back then. I'm 8 months along now and go weekly for adjustments...I started with disabling pain that left me feeling handicapped and depressed. Now it's very rare to be in pain, and if I over-do it and get sore... I just make a sooner appointment. Good luck!!!
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 9:51 AM on May. 29, 2009