Who pays the bills in your house? And do you find it stressful ?

Is it you or your husband or prehaps both? I don't mean who works and makes the money. Who makes sure the elc bill got paid or figering out what bill to pay and what bill can be put off till a later date.
My first husband wasn't dependable so I always did it. When I remarried I still worried that things would get paid so I took on this task (even thou my husband now is very dependable) but now I'm finding it SOO stressful. You think I should hand his over to him or what ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I make sure the bills get paid. My husband is in the military deployed in Iraq. ...so yea. i do everything.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• We both pay the bills. What makes it so stressful for you to pay the bills? Have you told him this?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:09 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I pay the bills, I'm more organized than he is. So it would be more stressful to leave it to him.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:12 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Think it's just worring about everything getting paid and on time. The cost of living has really gone up where we live. Kids are getting older and seem to need more money for things. alitle of everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I do everything I would be more stressed wondering if he was getting everthing paid. So it is up to you if you think this would eliminate or stress or just make it worse. Good Luck. Try not to let bills run you down because this can hurt you marriage with all of the frustration it causes so you need to do what will help your family out in the long run.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 2:22 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I pay the bills. IF you feel it's stressing you out then you should turn it over and let him.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:23 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I pay the bills... if i turned it over to him, we wouldnt have power, gas, water, a house or anything that requires us paying a monthly bill! LOL
    I used to be stressed until I had a system down that worked really well! How often do you pay them? Due to stress levels sky rocketing, I only pay my bills twice a month! Dont stress over them every week... its tooo much pressure on yourself!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:58 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i know how you feel im always making sure the bills are paid you know just the other week i got so mad i left them by the computer to get paid without saying anything so my husband could pay them and guess what only half got paid not all of them so try something along the lines of that and see if he can do it without you saying anything and its not going to hurt if the bill is one day late if he doesnt pay them but for my husband i think he just forgets about bills because he brings in most of the money but hey as a mother and a wife we have to be on top of the little things our husband overlook
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 3:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I am really anal about paying the bills. I have our budget completed for the year, then broken down monthly. I have a copy on my computer and a planner just for bill paying complete with a calculator. There is no way I would turn it over to my husband. I would be stressed beyond belief. I have everything just right and would not want it changed.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I pay all the bills. DH is super bad with money, so I take care of it all. I write down all of our expenses on paper in a notebook and figure it out that way. Periodically I check our bank account online to see when things are processed. I actually (and I know this is weird) get really excited about paying bills and figuring it out. It gets to the point where I stay up until we get paid on payday (like 2am) or wake up really really early to pay the bills.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:18 AM on May. 29, 2009