Help, Ive tried everything!

So we got a puppy in Jan. We struggled potty training for awhile. at first we tried using a box indoors for him since thats what the breeder did. It didnt work so well. He used certain spots on the carpet a lot! Well now he pretty much goes outside with just a few accidents now, and usually just poops in those spots now. pees maybe only once a week on the carpet, and its usually my fault for not be able to take him out. Anyway...now i CANNOT get the smell out of the carpet...esp in 1 certain spot in the kitchen!! Its driving me crazy! Ive tried all the spays. Ive sprinkled baking soda over it (he jsut went on top of it). I tried the perfume powders. vinager spray, I even rented a steam cleaner from the store and did that...AND IT STILL SMELLS! anyone know how to get the smell out PERMANETLY (changing the carpet is not an option, tho I wish it was!) The carpet is very flat cuz its in the kitchen!

RhiannonHunt

Asked by RhiannonHunt at 2:21 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• sprinkle baking soda and then wet well with white vingear (or just make a paste). You should mix in some tea tree oil, too, as an antibacterial.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Get some ordor bon... spray on the area (soaking them) let dry on it's own. This should remove the smell. I use it all the time I have 3 cats.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:10 AM on May. 29, 2009

• In the pet store there is a product called Nature's Miracle. It is all natural & safe to use around pets & children and is safe for most surfaces (I've used it on carpet, cushions, tile, linoleum, etc. and never had a problem, but best to test a small, inconspicuous area first). Nature's Miracle is an enzyme-based product and the enzymes "eat" the residue that is causing the smell. Since it is an old stain, you'll need to apply liberally and let it set for a bit before scrubbing the spot and soaking it up (use a carpet cleaner to vacuum up the product, if you can). Make sure you apply to an area larger than the original stain b/c it has probably spread underneath, especially if it is in an area where you walk often & put pressure on. Oh, and you can use the Nature's Miracle to clean up any organic stain like pet accidents, oil, blood, vomit, etc. It doesn't have a harsh chemical smell, either.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would see about getting a professional carpet cleaner to come in. I have the all and wonderful Bissell Steam Vac and it does wonders for me HOWEVER my kids playroom needs to be done professionally. Uggghhhh!
    Good luck!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:32 PM on May. 29, 2009