• In the Spotlight:

Help, Ive tried everything!

So we got a puppy in Jan. We struggled potty training for awhile. at first we tried using a box indoors for him since thats what the breeder did. It didnt work so well. He used certain spots on the carpet a lot! Well now he pretty much goes outside with just a few accidents now, and usually just poops in those spots now. pees maybe only once a week on the carpet, and its usually my fault for not be able to take him out. Anyway...now i CANNOT get the smell out of the carpet...esp in 1 certain spot in the kitchen!! Its driving me crazy! Ive tried all the spays. Ive sprinkled baking soda over it (he jsut went on top of it). I tried the perfume powders. vinager spray, I even rented a steam cleaner from the store and did that...AND IT STILL SMELLS! anyone know how to get the smell out PERMANETLY (changing the carpet is not an option, tho I wish it was!) The carpet is very flat cuz its in the kitchen!

RhiannonHunt

Asked by RhiannonHunt at 2:22 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My cat sprayed on one of the beds upstairs and that is a very disgusting smell. I took a paper towel to absorb what I could, then used vinegar and baking soda and scrubbed as much as I could on the stain. I pretty much soaked the mattress with baking soda(as a backup LOL), cleaned all the sheets and comforter and that did the trick.

I know you said you used vinegar spray, but that might have other chemicals in it(perfumes for instance to "mask" the odor) you need to remove the odor all together and vinegar, in my opinion works best. Good luck! :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:26 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I got a new puppy 2 months ago and he still pees and poops everywhere. I had to take out my rug and bought him those puppy pads, (to me those only teach them to feel comfortable peeing on padded stuff like carpet). Good luck and wish me luck!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• there are companies that clean carpets that guarantee pet odor removal... try that out!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Are you crate training your puppy? If not you should. Crates give the puppy a "den" where they will feel safe. And given that you buy the right size crate for your puppy, he will hold himself till you can let him out. While you are home he should not be allowed free run of the home until he is potty trained. That means he's either on a leash at your side or in his crate.

As far as carpet cleaning, there are many products out there. The professional carpet cleaning products have always worked for me.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:30 AM on May. 29, 2009