so where trying to get preg..

so we'vebeen trying for a bout a week now lol.. and umm.. now i have my period joy me.. anyhows i've heard that if you do it when you have your period then its easier to get preg? and another questions how do you know if your ovulating? what exactly does that mean?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 2:23 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's different for every women. you may not know the signs right away that your ovulating, But, trust me on this the more you read about ovulation and the signs you will know with out doing ovulation tests. The sure way to know that your ovulating is to stick two fingers in your vagina, but by the bump like a tip of your nose and move those fingers around if you take them out there should be stretchy egg whity cervical mucus is what that is. If it's thick and it expands you more then liking ovulating. Women only really have a couple of days of this, and in total 5 days where their fertile. Don't worry it may not happen right away. It's different for every women. My best advice on this is to relax and have fun, don't stress it will happen for you. Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No, your period does NOT make it easier.

Go pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler and follow it. You'll be pregnant the very first cycle if you do.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:26 AM on May. 29, 2009

• bcuz i read somewhere that your more fertile during your period than any other time.. so why not? lol..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i agree with gdiamante.
    and ovulating is when your eggs begin to move down the fallopean (sp?) tube. ...there are lots of different ways to track it, Most woman ovulate 14 days after the first day of their LMP.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:29 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Im confused as well cuz my friends doc told her that too about it being 3 days before and 3 days after but I did that before and no luck so Im not sure. I just know they say when you see clear discharge then thats should be the time to do it. I tried it all and still no luck. But then again I have 5 kids and Im grateful for the ones I have. So good luck to you. If you find out some tricks pass them over :)
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 2:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• "Go pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler and follow it. You'll be pregnant the very first cycle if you do."

wow- we must be doing it wrong. I have that book, and use the software, and follow it, and yet it took 5 cycles to get pregnant with my son, and this time we are on our 3rd month. Neither of us have fertility problems. I'd say your statement is a bit well, misleading.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• If your periods are regular then you should be able to track your ovulation. If you have a 28 day cycle, meaning 28 days from the first day of your period to the next first day of your period, then you usually ovulate on day 14! Of you have a 30 day cycle then you should ovulate on day 15! So count 12 days from day one of this period and that is when you and hubby should start getting busy! Keep it up for few days! I would say about 4 days! Don't do it 4-5 times a day, you will over do it! After you and your hubby have done the deed then place a pillow under your butt and elevate your legs for 5-10 minutes! I know it seems a little crazy, but if you want to get pregnant it works...and it may take a few months! I don't think you are most fertile while you are on your period, but I am no expert! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:23 AM on May. 29, 2009

• By the way your period is when you shed the lining of your uterus. And ovulation is when your body releases a new egg!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:24 AM on May. 29, 2009

• well the taking charge thing.............. not working for me Im on my 6 cycle going on my 7th and it hasn't worked. Supposely i know when i ovulate now but some people dodnt ovulate 14 days past ur period. some take more time so it all depends on ur body. some people ovulate spuntaneous. its when the body wants to. I heard ppl get prego. while on their period. Like I said its all in ur body. Hey try it!!!!!!!!!!!! You never know.
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 10:27 AM on May. 29, 2009