Am I doing the right thing?

My soon to be SM asked my sis and I to be bridemaids at the wedding. We both told her yes we would love to be in it. My dad is just so HAPPY. But I know if my mom finds out she will be ticked. Am I wrong to tell her yes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I think if you felt close enough to her then go for it. It's not like your asking your mom to have some kind of friendship with her. Your mom's a adult she should beable to understand.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 3:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• no i think your mother needs to understand that yes our dad is moving on and there will be somebody new in your life, but she is not going to replace your mother in any way. as long as you both want to be in the wedding, then go for it! if your mother does get upset, then sit down and try and explain this too her. she will always be your mother...stepmom or no stepmom. Good luck!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I think that was a huge act of friendship on step moms part adn hopefully your mom will be in some way glad to know that she likes you oth enought to ask. If mom gets mad, that is moms issue not yours and hopefully she will let it go. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• just tell your mom that you're doing it for your dad.. and she should be okay with it. I know SM can be a touchy subject when talking to your mom... so just play it out like it's all for your dad, she can't argue with that.
    xxPaulaxx

Answer by xxPaulaxx at 4:15 AM on May. 29, 2009

• You should have talked to your mom about it before you made any commitments. She is nothing to you. So to hurt your mother like that without even thinking about it before hand is wrong. You need to talk to your mom. Especially since she may have asked you two just to piss her off.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:29 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it was really nice of her to ask you, and it obviously made your father happy. Hopefully your Mom will understand but unless he left your Mom for this woman, hopefully she'll understand that it's as good thing if the family can still remain close even tho they're split.
    It's hard to think of your ex remarrying when you're still alone (I don't know if she is or not) but I'm wishing you a lot of luck but I'd tell her asap to give her time to get used to the idea.
    This woman isn't going to be your Mom, but she hopefully will be your friend and that's a good thing and that's what I'd want with my children if they had a step mom.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:06 AM on May. 29, 2009

• No its not wrong to tell her yes.I think your mom would be happy that she asked you both to be apart of that. And if she does get all mad then just tell her that your doing it for your dad.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:52 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it is great that your SM wants to include you in the wedding. Good for you accepting. I bet that made your dad happy that you are going to be part of their special day. As for your mom - maybe she is feeling a little insecure- cause dad is remarrying and you might like the SM better than her. You might need to tell your mom that you are glad you have her for a mom, and that SM will never take mom's place. I hope all works out!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• it's none of your mom's business. your relationship with your father and your stepmother is important, and this is a special event. is your mother really that petty?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:25 PM on May. 29, 2009