just a few questions I have?

1.) How long until babies can see colors and distance?

2.) my baby just grew out of the smaller part of the carseat I have (which was only for newborns and up to 11 pounds) and now when put her in the car seat she screams like it something is hurting her, I have checked everything but found nothing. She will even do it when just placed in the car seat, has anyone else had this problem?

Ashmom09

Asked by Ashmom09 at 2:57 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• question one, it can take up to a yr some docs say...question two I have not but what it sounds like is she feels unstable , like she jerks around and there are products to help. I saw a carseat insert that is a sofy fluffy fabric they sit in, also the head surrounds and the strap buddies so their head is stable. The head stability fools them into thinking their whole body is wrapped.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• First one I'm not really sure.
    But as for the Carseat thing ... Yes went throw this Lots of times. My Kids hated the car seat.( Don't see how anyone would take theirs for car rides to get them to sleep )My guess would be that she just doesn't like it either. Good luck I would try having toys if she's old enough to hold them and play
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 3:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• also another solution could be to strap her in and then roll some recieving blankets to plac around her body to snuggle her in. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:09 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i think at three months they can see farther? And i think they see red...i don't remember much but we always would stand in front of our daughter and do something to get her attention without makeing a sound. We were able to find out how far she was able to see :) it was pretty fun!
    If nothing is poking her she's fine, it's prob just becuase it feels different... do you have toys attached to it? or give her a few different rattles??
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:09 AM on May. 29, 2009

• well since baby eistein recommends their world of colors dvd at 9 mpnths id say probably around then. they start seeing farther every month
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:22 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Thanks a lot for the advice! I'm glad I'm not crazy...haha. She mayjust have to get use to the car seat, she's 3 months old I have some toyson it she likes them when she's not in the car seat...perhaps it just takes time :)

Thanks about the seeing thing too, I thought around 3 months they started to see red maybe, wsn't sure.

Ashmom09

Answer by Ashmom09 at 1:10 PM on May. 29, 2009