2 1/2 year old size?

How big is/was your child at 2 1/2

I took my DD to the doctor yesterday. she weighs 34 lbs and is 38 inches tall. they told me she is borderline overweight and they want me to keep and eye on her and not let her eat any type of junk food. but then they tell me she looks fine and doesnt look like she has an impending weight problem? im just wondering if i really do have something to worry about or is she fine?

also my son who had a check up as well is 15 1/2 months and is 28 lbs 5 oz, 32 inches tall. which is only about 6 pounds lighter and 6 inches shorter but they said nothing about his weight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I think you should do what they tell you. Kids put on and lose weight very quickly and its hard to get it back under control. Plus hey junk food isnt always good for anyone anyways right? what a perfect opportunity to begin teaching about healthy eating versus "diets".
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:23 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i have an 18 mo old and she just got to 23 pounds. A friend of mine has a 2 year old who is EXTREMELY little and weighs 22 pounds. If they told you not to let her eat any type of junk food but yet she still looks fine, then just watch her junk food and i'm sure she'll be all right
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't remember the exact weight or height my son was at that age (it's been 11 1/2 years) but I do remember he always wore the size that he was "supposed" to wear.
    All Children are built different and vary in sizes.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:26 AM on May. 29, 2009

• op

ronjwake- my dd wears most 3T stuff. its hard to find pants that fit her because she is so tall so they are either perfect in the waist and too short in the legs (24 months stuff) or long enough but too big in the waist (most 3T stuff) I'm happy it's summer cause she can wear dresses and I dont have to worry about pants and she usually wears a 3T in dresses in order for them to be long enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Op: Dont' worry to much about it. Sounds like she is a healthy size. I have a nephew that is the same age as your DD and he also wears 3T. Your child is not to little and not to big is what it sounds like to me. You can put 10 children side by side and they all will be different weights and heights. As long as they are healthy all is ok. I promise :~)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my son has never been ideal
    he was 2 wearing 3 -4 T clothes now he is 5 years old and 4 ft 7
    and my daughter is 5 weeks and in 3- 6 month clothes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my dd will be three in two months..she weighs 26 pounds right now. id just listen to them but not make a big deal. keep the junk food to a minimum.
    kiralyn

Answer by kiralyn at 7:18 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My dd and ds are very petite. My dd is 3.5 yrs. and weighs 30lbs and my ds is 14 months and weighs 20lbs. I was the same when I was little. So unless she starts having some kind of health problem then I wouldn't worry. Just as long as she eats healthy and stays active then she's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't have girls, but my friend just brought her daughter for her 4 year old checkup and she is very similar to your daughter's size at age 4. She is 39 1/2 " and 32 lbs. I don't remember what percentage she was in height, but I remember in weight she was 50th percentile. So based on that, I'd say she sounds big (not fat) for 2 1/2.
    grammarpolice

Answer by grammarpolice at 7:49 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My son weighs 32lbs and he just turned 3 on the 10th. He is very tall for his age though.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:59 AM on May. 29, 2009