Sound like early labor?

So I've heard that increased gas can be a sign of labor (even though gas is a common pregnancy thing). And a thicker, whiter discharge.

I've had both of those the past few days. I just had a membrane sweep yesterday morning (may 28th) and later yesterday evening I went to the bathroom and I noticed a glob in the toilet, I'm pretty sure this was my mucus plug. As it looked how everyone has described it; snot.

I have some trapped gas, and cramps.

Could these be signs that my sweep might be working?
I know you can have cramps from a sweep and it not work.
I'm getting another one on June 4th if this one doesn't work, or I don't go into labor before then.

What do you think?

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 6:11 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a mucusy discharge many times and horrid gas as well..
    you never know tho but i personally dont think so
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:24 AM on May. 29, 2009

• gas is not a sign of labor, diarreha yes, but not just gas hon. and even if it was your plug it can be weeks yet. not wanting to give you false hope there but...it is possible that you will go anytime, hang in there. soon you will meet your little one :o).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:20 AM on May. 29, 2009

• who knows really, it's hard to tell. it may be tomorrow that you go into labor or it still may be a couple of weeks. good luck and congrats!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• gas has nothing to do with going into labor. just means you have a ways to go still if your having gas. maybe about another 2 wks or more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i don't much think so. i have had all that happening to me and i still have nothing yet!! sorry but it will happen sooner or later i know that isn't what you want to hear
    littlemoma520

Answer by littlemoma520 at 9:05 AM on May. 29, 2009

• gas has nothing to do with labor and you most likely lost your mucous plug if she swept your membranes. You would have either had to have already lost it or lost it then in order for her to get past it to do the sweep! I lost my mucous plug at 31 weeks with my daughter and didnt get induced til 38 weeks. I got my membranes swept at 37 weeks when I was already 5cm dilated and it didnt put me in to labor so I dont have much faith in it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I've heard doctors say INCREASED gas was a sign though.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 2:24 PM on May. 29, 2009