Do u think age hardly matters in love?

i saw a girl around 35-40yrs.,with an old man nearabout 70yrs.girl is poor and the man is rich.I really feel sorry for the girl.Is it right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• My mom always says riches are not measured by the money in the bank but by the person you are, the company you hold, and the morals you have. You can have 10 million in the bank but without respect, kindness and a good moral code your money means nothing. He is probably a great man and she could be a wonderful woman that just doesn't see the need to spend his money on designer clothing. Maybe she is happy with how she looks and presents herself. EIther way you don't know their financial status unless your their personal accountant and if they are happy then no need to feel bad for either one of them.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:06 AM on May. 29, 2009

• How do you know she is poor? Maybe she just doesn't care for herself the way she should making it look as if she is poor. AGE is a number unless your using someone for their money so you don't have to make your own. ANNA NICOLE SMITH for instance was a gold digger. HEATHER MILLS MACARTNEY is another one.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:54 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It doesn't mean she's after his money. I wouldn't be feeling sorry for her if I were you... there's as good chance she's perfectly happy just like she is. Maybe she's like me and just doesn't like the style of clothes that are in the stores today so she's hanging on to all that she's been wearing for years.. maybe she's been sick lately... never know but if she's with an older man chances are he's figured out the important things in life and treats her really well.
    I myself married an older man (16 years older) and although there's things that can get in the way, there's more good than bad. They're done partying, most aren't cheaters and they have better morals altogether than a lot of the younger people now (this is coming from someone that has high standards in what a man should be for his wife and children).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:00 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Why is it that when there is an age difference in a relationship that people automatically assume the woman is the younger? I know it was in this case because you saw them. I won't comment on the rich/poor aspect, because it's already been pointed out that no one looking at them really knows for sure.
    For myself, I've been with my husband for 3 yrs this fall we'll be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary. I'm 47 and he is 25, do we have problems? Sure, everyone does, but on the whole we're very happy. Age doesn't matter....does size make a difference? What about color? Can you image how slammed you would've gotten if your question had been -- should you feel sorry for them because she is one color and he is another.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• age shouldnt matter in a relationship im 17 and my husband is 21 everyone was freaked out about us being together even when we where in HS. people have there own oppinions if you feel sorry for her then thats what you feel. that doesnt make your oppinion wrong or right or there relationship wrong or right either.
    mommy_to_be888

Answer by mommy_to_be888 at 10:13 AM on May. 29, 2009

• 35-40 is no girl. She is a grown woman. You don't need to worry about her. It doesn't sound like you really even know these people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 29, 2009

• M hubs is 9yrs older than I am and my sis is dating someone 8yrs younger. I think as long as the couple have common interests, get along and are happy age really should not matter. The only time I would have a concern about the age factor is if one was a minor and the other was over 21.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:50 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My ex was 15 yrs older than me (age is not what split us up) & for the most part things were good. I have more problems married to the guy my age than I did with my ex.
    Anonymous

• yeah, right. certainly she's not a gold digger.... sounds like she has exactly what she wants...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Age doesn't matter EXCEPT when the either party is under 18 and there is more than a 4 year age difference. That's when it matters.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:42 PM on May. 29, 2009