Convertable Car Seats?

My little guy is about to outgrow the infant carrier carseat! We have heard that the Britax brand seats ($$$!) are the best... can anyone offer advice/feedback on their seat? Pros/Cons? Asking question in babies/toddlers.

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 8:35 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love the True Fit seat. It RF to 35 and FF to 65, and runs about $189.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:46 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I have the Britax Marathon and love it! My dd has been so much better in the car since we got her this car seat. She was getting too big for her infant carrier. I believe they are worth the money just in safety rating alone, but also in comfort and quality.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:20 AM on May. 29, 2009

• well idk bout comfort cause i dont sit in it... but i use the alpha omega by safety first for 159 and its really really nice and she sits so well in it hold her well and its rated really well safety wise and shes happy as a clam in it
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:22 AM on May. 29, 2009

• We use the Cosco Scenera, it's inexpensive, and we got 2, one for each of our cars. They (convertibles) aren't as handy at moving back and forth as the infant carriers are & they are too heavy & bulky to carry around, although I have done it if they are asleep and I needed to get them in the house during a much needed nap, LOL! We have had great results with this seat. My niece was in one when my sister got side-swiped. She (my sister) & my oldest nephew had some minor injuries, but when I got to the ER, dear niece was still strapped in her car seat enjoying all the attention. The EMT's left her strapped in so that could transport her in the ambulance as well. All she had was a small mark on her neck where the strap was. No damage to her at all. I would trust this seat over a more expensive one, JMHO.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• we love our alpha omega eliete!!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:55 AM on May. 29, 2009

• We also have an alpha omega elite and love it! I did a lot of price shopping and found the cheapest place was online at babyage.com, it was $99 plus $10 shipping was here in 3 days and was still about $40 cheaper than buying it in the store! They have good deals on convertible carseats on that website, they carry every brand and it'll be well worth your time to check it out! The one we got goes from 5lb.-100lb. and converts all the way down to a booster at the end! The only trouble I've had is I started using it when my daughter was 5 mo. old and it didn't tip back far enough in my vehicle (trailblazer) so I had to roll up a towel to put under it to prop it back a little bit more and the directions even said to do that if needed and it wouldn't affect the safety of it!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:30 AM on May. 29, 2009