Convertable Car Seats?

My little guy is about to outgrow the infant carrier carseat! He is 8 mos - so we're still rear-facing. We have heard that the Britax brand seats ($$$!) are the best... can anyone offer advice/feedback on their seat? Pros/Cons? Asking question in babies/toddlers.

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 8:36 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• why ask in 2 sections? if you click parenting you can see that you asked the same question twice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my 3 yaer old hated the biatrix carseats when we tired them out... dont know why.... so we have a Alpha omegs elite< about $150> he loves it we are getting another for my 1 year old too...

2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:53 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I LOVE my daughter's Britax. We had the Roundabout until about 6 months ago, and we've had the Marathon for about 2 years. They are both pretty much the same, except the Roundabout only goes to 40 pounds and the Marathon goes to 65, they both work very well for rear facing. My girl STILL (even at 28 months!) falls asleep almost instantly when we get in the truck, but she will freak out when she's in my dad or my mom's vehicles (they both have Costco convertible carseats, soooo uncomfortable for her!) Plus, taking the covers off to wash them is very easy, unlike the Costco's and the Graco convertible that we had. They are definitely worth the $ to me, they go above the US standard of safety. I bought my Marathon from babycenter.com when they had a deal going and got free shipping plus $50 off I believe.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:57 AM on May. 29, 2009

• We used Alpha Omega Elites for all three of the boys. They all seemed comfortable, the seats fit in our vehicle and they weren't this astronomical amount of money. (about $150) They're also a 3-in-1 so they go rear facing, forward facing and belt positioning booster!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• We have the Britax Boulevard CS. It is more expensive (although if you look on Amazon.com you can often find a deal, I got ours for $70 below retail) but totally worth it. If I'm going to splurge on anything it's going to be a car seat. You just can't put a price on safety, ya know?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Thanks moms! I'm going to take a look at Consumer Reports as well. Anon, I asked in these sections because I'd get info from moms of current infants & toddlers :-).
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:17 PM on May. 29, 2009