Have I gained too much weight?

This is my second child. When I had my son 3 years ago, my dr. never commented on my weight gain. Last night, I had my 14 week check-up, and he was lecturing me because I have gained 5 lbs. in my first tri-mester. Is that really too much weight?? He went on to tell me NOT to drink milk or drink orange juice.......I should eat yogurt or an orange instead......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you serious? People are going to gain weight differently with each pregnancy! My dr said gaining about 30 pounds during pregnancy is normal, so don't worry. You're almost halfway through and you've only gained 5 pounds, I think it will be okay!

....what an a-hole he is!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:49 AM on May. 29, 2009

• your doc is a moron. Normal doctors recommend that you gain about 5lbs in the first trimester. I don't know what kind of pipe your doc is smoking on, but he needs to stop!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:13 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I gained more than that is my first trimester, but then didn't gain much in my last. It will all balance out, just be sensible about what you are eating and keep moving.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:24 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't mean to laugh, but that's too funny. My doc told me the same thing when I was pregnant with my second one. And then again, with my third. Each pregnancy you seem to gain more faster, and it seems to fluctuate too. One month you may gain 5-6 pounds, and the next only 1 or 2. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's bothering you personally. My first baby, I gained 35lbs., number 2 I gained 20 pounds, but I had gained some before getting pregnant, and then, with number 3 I gained like 42 pounds. She was a big baby though. So, don't worry. Eat healthy and do a little walking. That should help some. Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:34 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I gained a total of 50 lbs. LOL But my doctor told me to drink diet pop instead of regular. I wanted to call him a moron. Diet pop isn't good for a non pregnant person... Imagine what all that crap could do to a developing baby.

But other then that he really didn't say too much about my weight.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:43 AM on May. 29, 2009

• actually it is better to eat fruit and nto the juice..juice has way too much added sugar and chemicals. thats pregnant or not.

drink skim milk. no one should ever drink whole milk, way too much fat. yogurt is good for you regardless and good to prevent infections with your vaginal area which is common in pregnancy.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:50 AM on May. 29, 2009

• "But my doctor told me to drink diet pop instead of regular. I wanted to call him a moron." he really said that? wow. you shouuldnt drink any caffeine period while pregnant. i was told if i realyw anted one...drink root beer or sprite since they have no caffeine
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:51 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Your doc is a dweeb. Tell him to kiss your ass....then you can offer mine...tell him you will take up smoking and drinking if it helps to keep the weight off....better yet, put sand bags on your ankles and smear Twinkies on your face before you get weighed next time, then tell him you are a bad girl and ask him to spank you... What an idiot. You can pick up 5 pounds from standing too close to the fridge.

It isn't good for pregnant women to diet. Eat what your body tell you to.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:55 AM on May. 29, 2009

• These links sho normal 1st trimester weight gain.

http://www.google.com/search?q=1st+trimester+weight+gain&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:59 AM on May. 29, 2009

• as long as your not stuffing yourself with over processed foods, too much sugar, and just eating like crap your fine.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:08 AM on May. 29, 2009