Why do parents behave differenty managing their kid's tantrums when they are in public?

Don't you think the kids get confuse?
My friend uses "physical prompting" to put order around the house. But when she is in public and the child starts misbehaving the child won't listen to her she tries to talk in a nice calming way but still the child won't listen. What happen to that strict mom who yells and put a hand to stop the mischievous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Simple..CPS..
    I am a strict mom to 2 boys at home and in public. I am the woman that you will see in the check out at Wal-Mart with a 9 yr old on the side doing push ups or in the toy isle doing push ups. My child throws a tantrum I will tell him once to knock it off. He continues then I say "drop and give me 10".
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 9:10 AM on May. 29, 2009

• You can't any more in public. People are very quick to call the cops and CPS when they see a parent even yelling at their child any more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 29, 2009

• sad ain't it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I think people should mind their own business I'm tired of having to explain something specially to senior citizens (no offense) but get a life and let me be a mother. Venting!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 29, 2009

• You see I don't understand what we parents should be ashamed just for being parents. We are our children's parents not our children's friends.

BTW moms why do we have to post anon. Sad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 29, 2009

• People are afraid that other people in public will scream "child abuse." I think people should be able to recognize the difference between a spanking and abuse though.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:57 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i agree wuth the above. a few years ago i spalped my dd's hand because she was throwing thing into the cart i said no twice then slaped her hand. needless to say this older women maybe 60's said to me " i should call the cops on u and get cps to investagate u" i said why cause i disaplined MY dd? do u want to pay our food bill when we get to check out? i think she was shocked that i said something but still all i did was slap her hand and say no. i dont beat my kids at home or out but i will still bap a hand or butt no matter were we are because my kids will learn to behave inside as well as outside. but there are a few people that dont agree with a baping no matter how harmless...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:58 AM on May. 29, 2009

• OK at the mall there was a toddler screaming so loud that you could see mom's face becoming red. The little girl was saying something "I don't like it" I don't want it...I understand that we have to listen to our children demands but please let us be parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Its just sad. I am one of those moms, Although im still strict outside too, i do not attempt to spank my child in public because of the crazy ass people who do not know the difference between discipline and abuse. I talk to my children before we leave the house and they know what to expect if they misbehave outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Physical prompting, lol.

People are too damn nosy and politically correct when it comes to other people's children in public.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 9:10 AM on May. 29, 2009