can i have bad complications based on my age?

im 17 and im afraid of complications. i keep having dreams that everyone else including the baby come home but i dont. and that scares me. not come home like i have to stay in the hospital for a couple days, but die giving birth. and it makes me not want to follow through with the pregnancy. not that my life is more important than my unborn babies. but it is scary. my family doesnt have a history of complicaations, if that even matters.

mommy_to_be888

Asked by mommy_to_be888 at 9:13 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry, unless your doctor has told you to worry about complications then don't worry. Lot's of women have babies at 17. You should be fine. I would suggest to have the epidural though. And the dreams are normal. You head is thinking of all the possibilities and you are just thinking of all the bad things that can happen. Start thinking about the precious moments of getting to hold your baby for the first time. Start watching some good movies about babies. Good Luck!! CONGRATS on baby.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:19 AM on May. 29, 2009

• True complications happen to a very small percentage of women and babies compared to number of pregnancies and births.. Dreams while pregnant are the worst, they are normal, fears are normal...Just dont let them take over your life. When you have concerns ASK... Enjot this time, take care of yourself....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• youll be fine honey i felt the same way with my first i was 17 too
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Girls have done it much younger then you and survived. I know a girl that was 14 no taller then 5 foot and probably 95 lbs pre preg weight. She did it just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Family history can make a difference. This means that you have a better chance of not having complications. Don't worry. I had my first at 16. Everything went perfectly from beginning to end. Just eat right and take your vitamins.

Weird dreams are normal during pregnancy. I had many...including one where I delivered two bucked- tooth kittens through a hole in my belly and then had to beg the doctor to let me keep them cause I was afraid he wouldn't believe they were really mine...Just because you have a dream doesn't mean it is gonna come true. My children are human...I did have twins though.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:44 AM on May. 29, 2009

• thanks for the advice yall. : )
    mommy_to_be888

Answer by mommy_to_be888 at 9:56 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Don't stress about it! You will have some of the craziest dreams of your life when pregnant! Some are scary, some are creepy and some are just downright bizarre!
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 10:15 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I had crazy dreams when I was pregnant. None like that but crazy none the less. You can have complications at any age. A small precentage of women will. I hemoraged to the point of nearly slipping into a coma. I was 28. The Dr. said it's very rare but I still came home. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your pregnancy. The dreams will subside when the baby's born.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 11:06 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I think I could have done it easier at 17 then I can at 29!! Your are younger, and probably more active & in shape:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:00 PM on May. 29, 2009