Cramping after intercourse?

Occasionally I have SEVERE cramping after I have sex with my husband. Yesterday was one of those times. My uterus & back cramped up so bad that I almost vomited. This has only happened 3 or 4 times within the past 2 years. My OBGYN said that it just happens from time to time but the pain is so excrutiating I can't believe it is normal. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any ideas on a cause or prevention? Thanks for any insight anyone can give me. God Bless!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• it happens to me everytime me and my husband have sex. my doctor told me that it could be because of his size. Or she said it could be position as well, but she said with some people its different because if there have been problems like a uterus infecton, STDs, or scaring and tearing of the uterus than theres posibilitys of pain. i had a uterus infection last year before i got pregnant and it wasnt just sex when i had periods i thought i was dying. my doctor told me it was because of the infection i had before. i hope this helps you, i know the pain sucks. Take care!
    mommy_to_be888

Answer by mommy_to_be888 at 9:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my husband is really endowed, and in certain positions it can cause this and feel like he's tearing my damn cervix out , i also get headaches from it....

but i was told not to worry. its just due to his size
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Thats seems to be the same here. Its like a mixed blessing.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 11:07 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It happens to be but it has nothing to do with a guys size for me. Its because my cervix is VERY low and every time I have sex, my cervix gets hit. My best advice is either to get on top so that you are in control of how far he goes in, or do it "doggy style" My doc says that way will shift your cervix
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:32 PM on May. 29, 2009