My cat has a broken tail ,any suggestions?

She was attacked by another cat or dog, the outside wounds are getting better I had some saved wound meds from the vet, but her tail is limp probably broke, how long will it take to heal? I cant afford a vet bill, I wish there was something I could do for the pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pets

• you are going to have to take her in to get her tail cut off where its broken at. the same thing happened to my cat and they said all they could do was cut it off because the skin would start to die and she could get infected and die.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 9:59 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my cat broke the tip of her tail the vet did nothing.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:05 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It depends how open the wound is...it also depends on how far up her tail the break was...it is their spinal cord....It could affect her balance...she needs to be seen just to make sure there is no infection. You can take her to a low cost clinic at the pound and they usually aren't as expensive.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree vet bills are hard this time of year...but if you know which animal attacked you could get that owner to pay the bill. good luck
    T45

Answer by T45 at 10:44 PM on May. 30, 2009