Got a phone call from DD's school yesterday

They are talking about putting DD in TAG/Stride. DD is in the third grade. We are to meet with someone today and fill out some questionnaire. Now I know we gave premission for DD to take a TCS/2 test about 2 months ago and did not get results back on that and she just had her what we call in NC the EOG (end of grade) testing and she got a 4 in reading and a 4 in math. Can anyone tell me what to expect today or in the future if DD is excepted and we let her? By the way DD really wants to do this.

twilite2000

Asked by twilite2000 at 9:31 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am only somewhat familiar with EOGs. My sister lives in NC and her stepchildren just did theirs. I am not sure how the scores rate or what Stride is to be honest. Sorry!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• You mean Talented and Gifted? My son has been in that since 1st grade. They only had one hour a week in it though. And they did fun learning games and things to expand their knowledge. Some schools do it more and some have extra work. My son's school didn't do much with it, but, He loved it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:56 AM on May. 29, 2009

• A 4 on the EOG's is awesome. I am not sure what the TCS/2. But I am inclined to believe your child is talented and gifted as bradenismyson said.

I would assume the meeting will be a very good one.
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 10:25 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my child is an idiot i dont know
    Anonymous

• I was in that when I was a kid, and we did what your son does. I think as long as they don't put large amounts of pressure on her you should do it.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:29 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I was in the GAT I guess TAG for you many, many years ago. The curriculum was much more stimulating and fast paced. My problem what that there was so much more homework than all the other kids had. I stopped doing it and became an F student.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:30 PM on May. 31, 2009