For moms with school aged kids and infants/toddlers

Do you nap with your younger child when your older child isn't in school? Like summer vacation and holidays. If so, how often and how long at a time?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:38 AM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I will nap with my infant when my school aged children are in the house. My kids know the rules, and are usually quiet, and they always come and get me when they need something. I will not say I am in a sound sleep, but I do nap.

I do not have an infant, but I have a nephew that is an infant so when he is here I nap.....
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 10:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• If I do, my husband is around. otherwise I would never get to sleep! oh and as often as I can, for usually about 2 to 3 hours. I have kidney disease . so I tend to need longer naps.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Nap...what's that? LOL My toddler is going through that NO nap phase. When she would nap there were times that I could lay down with her while my school aged nephews were here. They are old enough that they can pretty much get what they need and know not to leave the house or let anyone in.
    vdewes

Answer by vdewes at 10:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• When I was prego I would nap. My kids know the rules, but the only thing I could not brake them of at that time was running to the door when someone was at it so I would lock the chain lock on top so if they had a slip up they couldn't open it. Never happend but always better to be safe then sorry. I would also be on the couch so I could still hear everything. When I was prego (and really really sick) my kids were more helpfull then SO lol
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 11:17 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My toddler doesn't nap anymore and I nap whenever I need to whether the kids are home or not. Even if it's just my 3yo at home. She can handle watching TV for an hour if I need to nap (she never lets me nap that long, though...usually it's 30 minutes before she's coming in wanting a snack).
    And in the summer, as long as the kids are inside, I'll take a nap whenever. If they are playing outside I have to stay up just in case.
    Heck my kids were 3, 4 and 5 when I was pregnant with the last one and I took 1-2 hour naps almost every day because I couldn't stay awake. The kids loved it because they got to watch all the TV they wanted, lol. They are usually pretty well behaved when I'm sleeping.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:40 PM on May. 29, 2009