am i being a little paranoid?

ij ust switched birth controls recently. and the past two days ive felt different which i contributed to the change in bc...but yesterday i felt really really exhausted and just fatigued....later on we had sex and i feltl ike i was going ot puke, ran to the bathrooma fter and was dry heaving...i have never had that before. looking back last week i had small cramping....im starting ot ownder if posibly the switch in birth control did not transition as smoothly as we thought and i might be pregnant. my last period was the day i got the implanon out...so about 2 weeks ago. so if it were possibly....i doubt a test would even pick it up yet. what do you think

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:42 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you are worried take the test
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i did have an extra test and i took it. but again its such a short time from last period and even when i was pregnant with my daughter years ago the tets didnt work. so i dont trust them. dont want to call the doctor just yet.....im wondering if its a reaction with the new bc or what , who knows
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• id take a test anyway, sometimes it can show up early and what would it hurt, right!? mayb ask your doctor too. there might be a possibility that you are or the birth control is making you sick. you might wanna check to see if you have to change or not. i hope that helps : )
    mommy_to_be888

Answer by mommy_to_be888 at 9:52 AM on May. 29, 2009

• ive had so many issues with birth control.

i have to run to get stuff to make cookies today, ill grab another test while im out at the store. im not even going to tell the hubby im buying one....he'll freak hah.

i mean....if it was positive....its not a bad thing...financially we can handle it....and i do want a second its just the timing cause we are moving to germany in a few months (military) and the whole pcs transition is not easy...if i threw a pregnancy into the mix ...whew....

ill get a test today...ill take it when he's not home, no need to worry him.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:56 AM on May. 29, 2009

• A test wont pick it up yet its way to soon. I dont think that your pregnant. You wouldnt be feeling symptoms of pregnancy that soon. Fatigue can be a side affect of the birth control that your on so you might want to look into that. I would wait another week or two and take a test just to be sure but i think its just a side effect of your new birth control. Your body is still trying to adjust to it so things might feel a little weird for a bit. Just dont stress yourself out about it or youll miss your period then be all sorts of confused lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:59 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I would first: stop having sex!
    second: stop the pill altogether! If you are pregnant the pill can cause problems!
    third: make a doctor appointment ASAP!!! Do nothing until after you have seen the doctor!

Good luck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:17 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my husband would not like that first suggestion lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• after diong some looking online..women have gotten pregnant within one week of removing implanon....and nuvaring takes at least a week to become effective.....and i was given the nuva ring a few days after the implanon and first time we had sex was the first day i put implanon in.

in other words....its possible dependent how fast my baby system repairs itself against the implanon
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:46 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i am probably worried over noting. if it happens.......then it was meant to be and ill take it as a gift.

but it could very well just be my body adjusting wtih the change from a strong birch control like implanon to the weaker one nuva ring (implanon lasts for many years implantedin your arm..i had no periods etc etc.)
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I would go ahead and get a two test pack. I had prego symptoms 2 weeks after my period. It is possible, and i am definitly pregnant, 8 weeks. I am also a military wife and I sympathize with your worry about pcs'ing, but you either are or you aren't. The only way to put your mind at ease is to take a test. And I would also take another the day you expect your period because the accuracy of the test goes way up at that point.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:44 PM on May. 29, 2009