Has your community began to prosper from the shovel ready projects Obama Promised?

By definition a Shovel Ready Project is,
"The project is ready to be put out to bid, and contracts can be awarded and work underway within 90 days of enactment."

http://transportation.house.gov/Media/File/Full%20Committee/Stimulus/Shovel%20Ready%20Projects.pdf

We have passed the 100 day mark. The projects listed on this report cannot be confirmed to have started. We are well passed the 90 day mark of a defined shovel ready project. So, cafemoms let's get a peoples report: Who has shovel ready stimulus to report in their community?
Please provide a link to prove the project is in fact stimulating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Well, in my area-the layoffed recruitment police officers where given their jobs back. But now they are saying if we don't pass a higher income tax in July-they will lay them off and 300 more. SOo, lots of road construction here, but I am not sure if that was money from the stimulus or not. Seems like construction in certain areas has been going on for years.

Still no jobs, though, maybe for those construction workers-which to me says that they didn't 'create' jobs-they just allowed those with those types of jobs to stay in them a little bit longer.

So, to answer you question-I don't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 29, 2009

• 100 Days since the stimulus has been enacted and I can officially say my community has NO shovel ready projects begun. In fact at the last council meeting, they stated we would not be able to begin the usual city road paving/repair because of lack of funds.

I live outside Terre Haue, Indiana
    Anonymous

• Ditto here, anon 9:48. They ARE closing down community and rec. centers here due to lack of funding. They said that pot holes with remain longer due to lack of funding-and now they are trying to scare us into giving more money out of our pockets
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 29, 2009

• In New York City, plans are in progress... actually work ( jobs ) are to being as early at July 2009.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:53 AM on May. 29, 2009

• nope...if anything we're going further down the tubes...
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:58 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Nope. Our unemplyment rate is just over 13% (up from 12.%).
    They just announced another Delphi plant in our area closing another division (250 jobs gone)and Proctor and Gamble is leaving our area and taking 2000 jobs with it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:03 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Nope. The supposed "shovel ready" project in my area is supposed to start next summer.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• http://www.nyc.gov/html/ops/nycstim/html/home/home.shtml
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:09 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Ohh and our state jobless rate jumped to 10.2 % (was at 9.8%)... No signs of progress. Economists expect we could get as high as 13-14% in just a few more months.. :(
    And Ohio has the eighth highest jobless rate among the 50 states. I would hope there would be some stimulation somewhere....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:10 AM on May. 29, 2009