Anyone feel like their baby is more fussy than other babies?

I don't know sometimes I feel like my LO is fussy more than others just wanted to see if yall felt the same way!!!

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 9:54 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ME! ME ! ME!!! my son cried 14 hours a day since he was 2 days old with colic til he was 5 months old then was still crying what seemed like ALL DAY til he was over 1 - he's 18 months old and a GOOD Day he still crys/whines up to 5 times... I hear ya!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:59 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My son sure was/is... and it hasn't changed now that he is almost three. At the same time, he is very intelligent. He gets very frustrated when his ideas and opinions don't come across clearly to others, so I think that has a lot to do with it.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My first one was. She was colicky and even once that passed, much more fussy than lots of kids. She grew out of it as a toddler and is no more whiney than the next toddler! This was confirmed when I had my second daughter, who is hardly ever fussy! Sounds like you're unlucky in that department... just try to focus on the other ways in which you're lucky (maybe your baby is a good eater, or a good sleeper, or has a fun, fiery personality, is in good health, etc.).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:13 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes! My girl cried for the first 8 wks. of her life. There were whole weekends where she'd cry or fuss for what seemed like 10 hrs straight! I thought I'd go insane, but then around 8 weeks she just stopped. Now I don't think she's any more fussy than a normal baby. I can't tell since she's my first, but when I'd describe her to other people they'd be like "wow, my kid was never like that, my kid is good.' I wanted to kill those ppl. haha. Trust me, it will pass. She still fusses but it's mostly for some specific reason now. In a way I'm glad for it, b/c if I have another one I'll already expect another fusser and if they happen to be good then it'll be a nice surprise. I feel bad for ppl. who have a really good first baby and then a horribly fussy second baby. They don't know what they're in for!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:55 PM on May. 29, 2009