Is drinking koolaid good or bad?

Anti President Obama people say keep drinking the koolaid or they are blindly drinking the koolaid. It's an apparent slam. However, if you listen to Dave Ramsey (www.daveramsey.com) when they talk about drinking koolaid on the radio it is a good thing. It means you are or are heading towards being debt free. That you are gazelle intense.

So which is it good or bad? Which defintion do you go by?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I could care less. I like koolaid.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:23 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i agree with soonmommyof3
    Jen2190620

Answer by Jen2190620 at 10:26 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Actually, it is a reference to Jim Jones and his Jonestown cult. He made them all "drink the Kool-aid" and kill themselves with it, since it was poisoned. It is supposed to be a bad thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Well, I think if you're following Obama, then drinking the kool-aid is *BAD*.

If you are heading towards being debt free, then drinking the kool-aid is *GOOD*.

I wouldn't drink Obama's Kool-Aid under any circumstances.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I love Kool- Aid, - black cherry is my favorite flavor and I love the invisible on is pretty good too.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:37 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I guess it depends on if you are over-sensitive or if you can let things brush off your back.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:50 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Sadly the innocence of my Kool-aid days is gone....I don't really care for it anymore. I'll just have some water, thanks.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:55 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I prefer sugar-free kool-aid. I guess that would be the debt free koolaid.

Grly, I completely agree. I think there are many that are over-sensitive to the phrase. JMO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:58 AM on May. 29, 2009

• The term "drinking Kool-Aid" has a bad meaning. It means blindly following or believing something. By saying that it's good, is only a way to try to convince people that supporting what the Government is doing to get the country on track is a good thing and therefore, drinking that "Kool-Aid" is good. It isn't. When you blindly believe in something and support something without bothering to look into things on your own, it's a BAD thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 29, 2009

• anonymous 11:21 hit the nail on the head!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 29, 2009