do you have kids under 2 years apart?

i am thinking about trying to conceive again. Hunter is 8 1/2 months old, so if i were to get pregnant right away they would be 18 months apart. I am wondering if any of you other mom's have kids this close together in age? do you enjoy them this close together in age? was it really hard having kids this close together in age because they both still require so much? thanks for any input or advice!

beck_9808

Asked by beck_9808 at 10:25 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have three in 33 months. There is 22 months between the first two and 11 months between the last two.

22 months wan't bad. 11 months SUCKS. However, I had a few problems with my last pregnancy so while I was pregnant with number 3, I couldn't pick up number 2 and he was still an infant! The younger two do nothing but fight right now. They have NEVER gotten along. Number 2 has never really wanted much to do with number 3. It is getting better as they get older (they're 3 and 2 now) but still....

But there is a difference between 11 months and 18 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my daughter was 6 months old when i got pregnant with my youngest daughter and i have to tell you even after a year my back is still not "healed" all the way from having them so close. your body needs 18 months after the baby is born to be "healed". that is what every book i read said and my doctor told me that also. so if you want to go body wise wait.
    also you hav e to think with the babies so close in age you will have two sets of diapers AND formula to buy. its just a good idea to wait. i wish i would have waited those extra months just so we could have saved some money and doctors visits for my back. but that's JMO.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 10:58 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I have 15 months between #2 and 3, and there will be 20-21 months between #3 and 4. It is a bit harder than it looks.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my boys are 17 months apart, it was difficult for me but my youngest had alot of health issues. and my labor with youngest was worse, my doc. said because they were so close together.
    rebel_momma

Answer by rebel_momma at 3:43 AM on May. 30, 2009