do you have kids under 2 years apart?

i am thinking about trying to conceive again. Hunter is 8 1/2 months old, so if i were to get pregnant right away they would be 18 months apart. I am wondering if any of you other mom's have kids this close together in age? do you enjoy them this close together in age? was it really hard having kids this close together in age because they both still require so much? thanks for any input or advice!

beck_9808

Asked by beck_9808 at 10:26 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldest two are 13mos 1 week apart.And it was hard when they were younger because they needed so much attention but it got easier as they got older.potty training was great cause we just potty trained them both at the same time lol..the only bad thing is now they are in the same grade in school which means we wil paying for two proms at the same time two graduations at the same time lol..gonna be expensive..but my sisters 4 kids are all one year apart and she loved it.hers are older now and they are moving out one right after another for college lol..
    Sephy333

Answer by Sephy333 at 10:40 AM on May. 29, 2009

• My two are 21 months apart. Right now my son is 3 years and my daughter is 18 almost 19 months. At first when my daughter was a newborn, I found it pretty easy. but as she got older and I started potty training my son, I found it was getting really difficult. At times I get so exhausted and frustrated because they constantly fight with each other. Having learning time is difficult because I have one child more advanced than the other and they are not learning the same stuff yet. My son is constantly taking toys away, he does not like to share with her, hitting, running her over and scaring her. I wish I had waiting until he was around 5 to have my second child. but I can't change time and I wouldn't trade her for anything. I just wish I had planned better. and diapers, if you first child is still in diapers, then you are buying two different sizes of diapers and spending more. I find it very difficult.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:04 AM on May. 29, 2009

• mine are right at 2yrs apart....it wasnt so bad. The only thing is keeping more of an eye out for my youngest when she was an infant with brother being 2 and wanting to "hold" her. The only safe place to put her was in her crib and I had to put the safety 1st door knob covers on the outside of her door. Other than that, he was super with her and once she started crawling they had the best time together and they still get along fairly well. Mine are also born in the same month 2wks apart so birthdays are a double whammy for us LOL
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 11:06 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Mine are 15 months apart. 19 months and my son is 3 1/2. The only challange is trying to go somewhere by myself. I cant take them to the park b/c I cant watch both of them at the same time. and we live near the beach too, so that's a no, unless i have someone to go with me. It was great that i really didnt have to buy toys for the little one. She just used all of my son's baby things. Most of them were still on the shelves at the store! I didnt want to wait too long between them b/c i didnt want to get my body back in shape, then get all fat again later. I like haveing them close. It gives them a friend to play with and they enjoy mostly the same tv shows etc.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:50 AM on May. 29, 2009

• HAHAHAHA.. It the only way I go...LOL. My daughters are 14 months apart and my sons are 20 months younger than my second girl. So I had 4 under 3 for a while. Let me tell you it gets easier. It will be a hectic first five or six years bt them they will learn from each other and have a playmate for life.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't yet but I will! Mine will be 21 months when this one is born. We started trying when he was 9 months but it took a few months to get pregnant. I'm excited about them being so close together. I'm hoping that they will be good friends like my sister and I are. And yes it is difficult, dealing with nausea with a little one is not easy, but I know it will be worth it in the end :)
    Anonymous

• My 2 oldest are 16 months apart. The transition to having a new baby at home wasen't so bad. My son was still very reliant on me so there was no jealousy. I had great support from my parent's and husband. Now they are older, 3 and 4 and they are eachother's ali's. lol They get into plenty of trouble together and can also be eachother's best friend. I wouldn't change a thing!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• There's cafemom groups for children close in age, I have 4 children, my first three are a year apart and my last two are two years apart.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• mine will be 17 months apart when i have my second and this one was a suprise so i am scared whittless! the thing that i cant figure out is how to get around by myself with the two kids cuz my 15 month old is already wanting to walk everywhere and sooo independant but also, so wreckless lol. ive heard mixed reviews so far people either love it or think its a madhouse but i guess at this point its like bring it on! good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• One year and eight days apart.
    tuesday10

Answer by tuesday10 at 2:45 PM on May. 29, 2009