is it normal to be this big at 6 weeks

if you veiw my profile at myspace under automotivegirlandsoontobemommy you will see how big i am is it normal to big this earl and had a flat stomach before i got prego and well twins run his family and mine

mommy2be5132009

Asked by mommy2be5132009 at 10:28 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didnt look at your pic but i popped out really early 6-8 weeks with both my pregnancies. Everybody would always ask if i was sure i wasnt farther and it botherd me so i asked my doc why i was so big already and she just said its because i have a shorter belly area so will pop out way faster than some. Also in the begining there is alot of bloating going on. So dont worry good luck
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 10:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• your just bloated you are NOT showing its way to early your uterus isnt even above your pelvic bone yet if this is your first odds are you wont hve the bump til about 16 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• water retention which is common pregnancies leads to bad bloating and makes you weight more and look bigger than you truly are
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:19 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I cant view your profile but even with twins, you would not be showing this early. Bloating is TOTALLY common in early pregnancy so that will account for the pooch, if there is one
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:53 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with everyone else, you are probably bloated. (can't view your profile by the way, says invalid) but when I first got pregnant...I looked like I was about 5 months but was only a month and a half to two months and then when the bloating went down, I wasn't showing at all. I'm finally REALLY showing now at almost 6 months.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I disagree. I am 8 weeks and I can see a big difference. and it is not bloating (dr confirms). It all just depends on your body and how much your uterus has grown at this point. It should have started out about tennis ball size and at 8 weeks should be the size of a large grapefruit. at six weeks about the size of a navel orange. at 6 weeks with me the only difference I could tell was that my tummy right above my pubic bone was a lot harder, and now it's definitely poochier.
    Anonymous

• http://www.parentscentre.org.nz/yourjourneythroughpregancy/week06.asp
    Your Changing Body

In the first six weeks of your pregnancy you will not look pregnant and you may not be feeling pregnant, yet your body is already undergoing major changes in response to a massive surge in pregnancy hormones that started immediately after conception
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Week 6

http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_6.htm
    How Big is the Baby at Six Weeks Pregnant?
    Your baby is growing! During pregnancy week 6 your physician will measure your baby with ultrasound, in increments referred to as "crown-rump length" which is basically the distance from the top of your baby's head to his buttocks. Your baby at 6 weeks may be anywhere from 2 to 5mm long at this point in time or roughly the size of half a baby pea. Not very big, but bigger than last week!
    Mrs.Owen86

• http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-6-weeks_1095.bc

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10238&ClickedLink=343&area=27

i can go on and on but YOU DO NOT START5 SHOWING AT 6 WEEKS SORRY ANON
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:37 PM on May. 29, 2009