HELP!

We (fiance, baby, and myself) moved in with my mother to pay off debt, save up for a house and wedding, and help out with the up-keep of the house (mom had a minor stroke a few years back). Ever since we moved in my fiance has been consistantly over drawn in his bank account, and not by like $30 either. I'm talking HUNDREDS of dollars. Our cell phone bill is always late, sometimes gets shut off. He just started paying of our last month's bills from our apt (we moved in the 1st of Mar). I always ask him to put money in my account and he won't. He's very vauge about where the money is going. He told me he was overdrawn again yesterday, by a lot. I haven't really talked to him sinced. I don't know what to do. He has a well paying job as a GM of a restaurant. I just don't understand what is going on with him. I'm to the point where I'm not even angry anymore. I'm just fed up! I love him very much, but I don't want to live with

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• someone who isn't financial responsible. When we lived on our own some bills would be a little late, but NOTHING like this. We don't even have bills. Car payment, storage unit, cell phone, gas. That's it! My mother pays for everything else. What do I do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• that to me would be enough to sit him down and tell him either to be honest with me on whats going on and figure out a game plan to get better or its done. How is this suppose to make you feel secure with your future when he's being like this? Thats rediculous.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:31 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I would go with him to the bank and make him get a print out of the account transactions. Then sit down with him and go over the list. If he can't or won't explain, firmly tell him that maybe he shouldn't be staying at your mom's. I did this with my fiance and he straightened up real fast.
    kzoogirlie

Answer by kzoogirlie at 11:11 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I dont think i would marry him if he's already have money issues. You have to think of your credit and there is no way you are going to get a loan for a house if he's over drawn all the time. The will usually ask for bank statement a year back. What is he spending the money on? he better grow up real fast or he's out the door. it sounds to me too that he may be taking advantage of the fact that he doesnt have rent to pay either. Like he's using our mom and you!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:46 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Get rid of him and work on building a secure life for you and your child. Trust me, this will only get worse over time.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Drugs. My ex was like that and it was because he had a cocaine habit he was trying to hide. It would always seem like the car was breaking down every other day or he had to spend more money on gas cuz he had to drive all over the place for his job. He overdrew our account ALL THE TIME I hated it. It was in my name too. I wasted 2 years and tens of thousands of dollars on that fool.
    Anonymous