Would you change your husband's diet and habits?

I had heard somewhere, although I haven't done any research myself, that altering your partner's diet and daily habits can aide in what gender your baby might be since they are the determining factor. I was considering doing research and seeing if there were any truth to this when and if I decide to have another baby. I already have a daughter and my husband has a daughter from another relationship and I fear that his male swimmers are being slowed down by some of the things he does. Would any of you do this to have the gender you want?

vdewes

Asked by vdewes at 10:34 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can try, but girl sperm are faster swimmers than boy sperm, some say to lay on your back with a pillow under your hips to keep the sperm in the back of the cervix and gives male sperm a better chance to making it to the egg. Some say for 30 mins to an hour. If you hop up right after sex and head to the bathroom, chances are the male sperm were flushed down the toilet LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i got my dh to take folic acid, but that was it..... when i got pregnant with our dd, it only took a week for me to get pregnant, but with this baby it took 2 months & it's a boy.. idk what to tell you, just GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:47 AM on May. 29, 2009

• The biggest determining factor in gender is genetics. Look at your husband's family: are there more girls than boys? And while that will play a part, ultimately it's up to chance. But if your husband's family is dominated by girls (not just immediate family, but look at his parents' siblings as well, and any children they may have), he's more likely to have girls.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• When I found out my fiance was trying for a baby I jokingly told him if he kept drinking Mt. Dew his sperm count would be too low to get me pregnant (I hated the amount of Mt. Dew he was consuming EVERYDAY, it was unhealthy). He stopped drinking Mt. Dew and started drinking Gatorade...and I'm now 24 weeks pregnant...lol. Jokes on me I guess...
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 10:11 PM on May. 31, 2009