If you have been with your BF for 16 yrs and still not married what woulf you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That he's comfortable with the relationship as it is now.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:37 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I would think that marriage probably won't happen in this relationship.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:39 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I guess I have to agree with Luv bug. Have you guys ever talked about marriage?
    If you guys have a great relationship than love is love and marriage doesn't need to justify what you guys have. Everyone is different I could never wait that long but than on the other hand My aunt and uncle have been together since before i was born and I am knocking on 28. I pray all the best for you two. If it is not broke don't fix it.
    Harlem-GADiva

Answer by Harlem-GADiva at 10:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I would be thinking that i have been with someone for 16 yrs and never pushed the marriage issue so doing it at this point would be pointless.I do not think it means he doesnt love you, hell 16 yrs is 16 yrs, married or not. maybe he thinks you are comfortable with it this way. you have to ask yourself what YOU think tho...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:42 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Sweetie, some R-ships works better married and some work better without being married. I'm not married and i been with my honey for 14 yrs I'm in no hurry and he isn't cause you just sign a paper and you have the same last name but i know some state had if you were with each other more then 8 yrs you are married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 29, 2009

• In some states you are legally married. At least common law so he ever decides he can just walk off and I dont wish that on you at all you make sure you get you a lawyer though.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 10:48 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with the common law answer. You may already be considered married according to the common-law statutes.

So far as what I would think....having been together that long I would think that he loved me, but perhaps he might just not be the marrying type?
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:50 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It works for Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell :-) Some people really believe after so long, that certificate is somehow going to be a nail in a coffin or something.
    AdalineB

Answer by AdalineB at 10:51 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I'ts gotten comfortable, routine, you don't hate each other (yet) Or, there's nowhere else to go. This oct. will be 18 years for me and man. He claims he asked me to marry him once, but I was looking through a catalog and some pretty turquoice bands caught my eye, I said look , aren't these nice? He said ya get them. But they cost too much and I laughed and said thats way to much for that kind of band.I swear, they did not look like a wedding ring, but he says they were a set of wedding bands, so He said You had your chance once and you laughed at me.! But oh well i'm happy cuz divorce cost too much!!!
    DIANE463

Answer by DIANE463 at 10:53 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Not all relational commitments have to be bound in marriage, but I would hope that the two people in the relationship have thought of their future and have made arrangements for such things as how the property would be divided in the event of a split up, wills, power of attorney's, and an advanced directives.
    I wish the couple well and many more years of love and happiness together. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:53 AM on May. 29, 2009