My 7 month old rolled off of the couch was on her back and rolled off the couch onto her belly. She is taller than the height of the fall. She is acting fine, pupils are reactive, she is playing not fussy when laying on her belly. I think she is ok, but wanted to know if any of you have had this happen before. She did have one small scratch on her head but it has gone away now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG, many babies have rolled of the couch, bed or fell after climping out of there cribs, chances are she is fine, if not she would be acting different...Just watch her. If she is acting weird, call her Dr. Dont feel to bad about this, if this is your only mistake you are doing great LOL.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:49 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Lillian flipped over the arm of the couch when she was about 7 or 8 months old. It was about a 2.5 foot fall. She had a bump on her head, but other wise fine. I gave her some tylenol just to make sure she was comfortable. As long as she is acting fine, I wouldn't worry too much.
    kzoogirlie

Answer by kzoogirlie at 11:06 AM on May. 29, 2009

• When my son was eight months old we were napping on my bed together. I had him blocked in with a wall of pillows on one side and me on the other, but he still managed to roll out and off the bed, which was on risers. I felt terrible, but he was perfectly fine.

I would suggest a call to your hospital's advice line, they can give you specific things to look for in a child her age, as well as a time period for these things to happen so you know when it is safe to relax.

I hope she's ok, it sounds like she will be soon if not already!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Very common. Just don't put her on the sofa (or any other raised surface like a bed) until she can get up there on her own.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• She's fine. Emi fell off the bed, and then I dropped her head first on the sidewalk(my knee gave out)!! She's fine. Ended up in the ER as a precaution on that last one but they just sent us home cause she was so alert and happy. Babies fall off stuff, it happens.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:40 AM on May. 29, 2009

• She's just fine. We freaked out the first time Cian dropped off the edge of the bed. He was fine, but more freaked out from the fall than in actual pain. Just give her a cuddle and let her know she's fine.
    JenAndCian

Answer by JenAndCian at 12:09 PM on May. 29, 2009