i'm going to try this again.......

I'm 26 weeks pregnant & have horrible arthritis all over my body. Recently, my hip has been hurting SO BAD that I can't walk and all I can do is cry. My OB is no help, all they say to do is use a heating pad and take tylenol. I have a 2 and 1/2 year old, I can't sit on my ass all day with a heating pad....any suggestions on what to do?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:04 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• I was told to never use a heating pad while pregnant. I would try Ibuprofen. That should help with the inflammation of the arthritis and ease the pain. I am sorry you are having such a hard time and are in a lot of pain. I would also try to take warm baths in Epsom Salt. Also, look up some home remedies for arthritis and stuff that is safe to use during pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:11 AM on May. 29, 2009

• treat yourself to a full body massage and you will feel a world of difference.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 29, 2009

• thanks 2wndrfl btrflys, i can't soak in the tub although i know it would help..i can't get down that low w/o my hip "catching" it sucks! i was also told not to take ibuprofen right now b/c of the blood thinning effects (i'm severly anemic & am on extra iron right now) gah, i can't wait to have this baby so i can take some "good stuff" LOL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:13 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Stop eating dairy and stay away from nightshade vegetables: potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, etc.
    Here is more info: http://arthritis.about.com/b/2006/09/25/nightshade-vegetables-should-people-with-arthritis-avoid-nightshade-foods.htm

Answer by rkoloms at 12:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• for your anemia, eat iron rich foods combined with vitamin C rich foods. Make a smoothie, put in orange juce and kale (iron and calcium rich); bananas do a great job of masking the flavor of the kale.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:26 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i know how to take care of myself rkoloms, i've been anemic my whole life, as for the arthritis, that stuff is a bunch of bullshit, i've had arthritis for 14 years.... i'm not being mean, just very honest
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:10 PM on May. 29, 2009