inducing labor

what are some natural ways to induce labor that you have tried and they worked

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 11:04 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walking worked really well for me the first time. Once I hit 37 weeks the doctor said I could start walking to induce. I waited until 38 weeks. I walked about a mile a day. After the 3rd day, I went in labor.
    with my daughter I went in labor at 38 weeks without doing anything. I ate a plate of very spicy nachos (not thinking about inducing) LOL and I went into labor soon after eating it.

but I would suggest walking. Just take someone with you just in case. Walk slowly but at a good pace. don't try steep hills because you will go out of breath too easily. just flat surfaces.

you can also try a lot of sex.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:07 AM on May. 29, 2009

• walking.....i heard castor oil but i puked trying to dirnk it lol.

my doctor ruptured the membrames up their to help induce me since my hubby was only on leave for 2 weeks from oversea's to see the birth and if she was late...he wouldnt see her until she was 6 months old.
    he pretty much ewnt on the inside ring of my cervic in a circular motion that broke the membrames and helps to induce labor.

long walks.....doing squats if you can do them...or..the best.........SEX.

my hubby wanted some sex even though i was about to pop...he hadnt seen me in 6 months...so we did....few hours later my water broke
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:23 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Just walk. I believe babies come in their own time, or should be allowed too. I know you wait 9 loooong months to see this baby, but everyday they get inside is good. He/she will come when they are ready. Babies born early have lung trouble, and especially tummy trouble. I had two by c-section, and in a C they have to take them 2 weeks early so you don't go into labor on your own. They were horribly breach and we would have both been dead had I gone into labor. My poor son had acid reflux, collic, you name it. Knowing this now, I would never be in a hurry to have my baby before its time. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It really doesn't matter what you try. If your body and your baby aren't ready...nothing is going to happen.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:45 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with MamaJen. That being said, using sex to try to induce labor can be a lot of fun! And walking is good for you in a normal pregnancy. If you aren't comfortable going to far from home, walk at a mall or shopping area & carry a cell phone if possible. Even if it doesn't start your labor, it will help you build strengh & endurance for labor. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:12 PM on May. 29, 2009

• MamaJen is right---nothing will "work" unless you AND your baby are both ready!

Enjoy that baby still being nice and snuggly and warm. The time will come, just enjoy your last days being pregnant!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• As long as the baby and your body are not ready nothing will work and that includes medical inductions.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:27 PM on May. 29, 2009