How does that work?

I've heard many people talk about "God's Plan" and "God's Will", especially when it comes to death- "It was all part of God's plan," or "It's was God's will that he go now."

I'm just trying to figure out how if everything is part of "God's Plan" for us, if it's all part of "God's Will" then how in the heck can anyone say we were given free will? Because if it was God's will that the guy over there gets hit by a drunk driver and dies, leaving a family behind, then really, the drunk had no choice but to get wasted and get behind the wheel- so how can he be blamed? How does that work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It doesn't work but, you're about to get a bunch of bs answers trying to make it sound like it does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 29, 2009

• It's all Satin's fault.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:26 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I LOVE Satin, it's my favorite fabric to sleep on...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Thanks anon :26
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:28 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with all the previous answers :-)

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:32 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I've argued over and over with believers about this very issue and have never gotten an answer- just endless talking in circles and excuses that make no sense.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:34 AM on May. 29, 2009

• God doesnt cause the bad things to happen. Satans influence in the world is what causing the bad things to happen. When someone dies, I'm sure God isnt laughing it up, i'm sure he's just as hurt as us after all that was one of his children. In the bible in Revelations 12:12 it says that "Woe for the earth and the sea because the devil has come down to you having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time."
    We have free will, God has given us a manual on how to live a good clean life, the bible. It's up to us to choose to follow it or ignore it. What we do on this earth is up to us. We need to be strong enough to choose right from wrong and to follow bible principles. God does have a plan, but not in the way that some people think, his plan is in the bible.
    Lvincent777

Answer by Lvincent777 at 11:38 AM on May. 29, 2009

• You're welcome Cinnamon-mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Well, OP, I think you would have to first acknowledge that God sees everything at one time... that is, all events from beginning to end. Every life, every situation... So we do have free will, but God already knows what our choices are going to be. I hope that makes sense.....

I've already seen Him work that way in my own life. Something that I think ended badly gets woven by God into His plan for me. And without that event happening, I wouldn't be able to get to this place in my life. So, to extend that point... God has a plan for you, specifically, and He has a plan for everyone, and the world in general.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:39 AM on May. 29, 2009

OP here. And that's not free will if he already knows the choices we'll make- that's destiny, fate, every choice we make being towards some pre-determined end, meaning that the choices we make are pre-programmed to get to that end that has already been set up for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 29, 2009