For those with Large industrial plants in their community..

is your plant safe? Do you know if they follow safety protocal? My sister lost her husband just 2 months after the birth of their daughter because the plant was not up to safety standards. L and I, DOE , Osha and Wsha let them slide time and time again.
Please read for the sake of your loved ones and your community. if it can happen in ours it can happen in yours.

www.recisexceptional.com

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 11:18 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Omigosh I'm glad you brought this up. I live about 3 miles down the road from our Albemarle plant, its a chemical plant, and a couple of years back it blew up and killed a few employees. You could have heard the noise 20 miles away I kid you not. It was a big shocker in our small town. The plant has been there for years and years. I pass it everyday going home. I was about to get a security job there but I think Ill pass. Sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law as well honey.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:44 AM on May. 29, 2009

• That must have been terrible for her. I'm in TX and my father worked in a chemicle plant and my dh works in one. We live on the ship channel where all the plants are. I'm not worried about being blown up though. In years past there have been a couple of really bad explosions at some of these plants. Some with deaths. A guy who lived 2 housed down was killed about 10 yrs ago at one of these. A couple of the ones i can think of were safety related where the company really screwed up but most turn out to be an error by someone working.
    since a couple of these explosions OSHA and the EPA are really clamping down as well as the companies themselves. They do frequent checks here.
    Some companies are more conserned with safety than others. My husband company is always trying to be safe and has formed a new safety group. You can't turn around without checking the procedure to see if it is right.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:29 AM on May. 29, 2009

• hey if this helps just one person then my wonderful brother is law will not have died for nothing. Thanks for taking the time to read on this stuff ladies... I will keep your families and communities in my prayers!!! and in our fight for safety!!!

Thanks for the kind words... it has been 10 years now so we are healing but our fight continues...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:55 AM on May. 29, 2009

• OSHA is a joke I work at an animal clinic and they only check us out every 4 years. Not that we don't keep our standards up or anything i just think it's odd that thats all they check.
    Anonymous