Does your child want to live with his/her grandparents and why?

My only grandson and I hang out every chance I get. He is 5. I even have a special nickname that he only lets me call him. I am just crazy when he is around. I even did a silly dance for him my 18yo dd recorded on her now stolen phone, hope we dont see that on Youtube. Anyway he tells his mom and dad he wants to live here and never wants to go home. Grant it he has less bounderies here he does at home but he is a very well behaved boy. If he does something special with his mom and dad he'll say stuff like I wish Gwammy was here. My daughter jokingly, I hope, said dont be turning her son against her or she will make sure the video of my dancing will be seen by everyone. Her sister texted it to her before the phone got stolen. Anyway I love him to no end and I know at my age I cant let him live here. Nor do I want to turn him from his parents. I just always center our time towards him no matter what.

Vivian63

Asked by Vivian63 at 11:29 AM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• No my children haven't, however they adore and love their grandma and I am so happy for that. Just like you my mom centers her whole time around her grandbabies, she makes them big special breakfasts that I don't, she does crafts that I don't, my children love us, their parents, and enjoy their life. They are good children and I think this is because boundaries at home are strict. My mother has said more than once that she'd have nothing to do with her grandchildren if they were spoiled brats and it's due to the good parenting that my children are so well behaved. She also talks about my husband and I in positive ways when we're not around and she has her grandchildren, encouraging my children to do as their parents have taught hence reinforcing what we have said and done as parents. I hope to be like my mom, a person that is still a good parent to my adult children, and a good grandparent to my grandbabies.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my son told me he wants to live with them because they gave him Cheetos, lol. they spoil my kids rotten when they are there. but that's what they do and i am not complaining.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 11:37 AM on May. 29, 2009

• my daughter is 4 and if she had it her way she would live at POP POPS and NANAS lol and i would visit and thats only cuz there are more things to do there .......and more money than i do so they can do thoes disney trips and trips to the beach but she doesnt understand that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Because you grandparents spoil the shit out of the kids and we have to be the bad guy...lol When my daughter goes to grandma they go out to eat, to the movies, to the park, JUST ALL OVER...ALL THE TIME. She doesn't chastise her like I do. I remember one time we were all sitting in the living room and Destiny started acting up and my mom said get the belt and started fussing at Destiny. Destiny just started laughing hysterically and momma popped her one and she steady laughing. Later on in the car on the way home I asked Destiny do momma spank her and she said no and thats why she was laughing. Destiny is spoiled to the utmost by momma but I think she probably would want to live with her.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:40 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I wish my daughter had a grandmother like you. Her grandparents are not interested in her at all.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:57 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't take it too seriously. He's not REALLY going to move in with you! My son goes to MY grandparents house for a week at a time. They live about 100 miles away and they watched him while I worked for his first year when we lived closer so they have kind of a special bond. He is 3 and has been going since he was born. He loves in there and will cry when he has to come home. He says he's "going back home" with Granny and Grandad after he's seen me for 5 minutes. lol

He's just a kid who gets spoiled rotten with them. He gets to spend so long because they live so far away. He talks about them all the time and calls them several times a week. They're best buds, but I'm his Mom. He belongs here with his family. He knows this. He just doesn't like for it to be back to reality where he has to share toys with his sister and he has to go to bed in his own bed without a movie lol

I would just enjoy the time you have with him. :)
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 12:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Honestly we mostly stay at my house. I dont spend lots of money on him only at Christmas and his birthday. Besides he is a homebody and just wants to stay home. I just do stuff like blow bubbles, we planted seeds for flowers and now are watching them grow. He gets to use the puter, and he can move his way around on Nick Jr. . Texasgurl. I joke with my sil when he plays meanie with my grandson and tell him yea well you keep treating him like that and we might visit him when he is in the nursing home. I know where my priorities are and they have always been with my family now I have a third generation of my own and I see the future so bright. Your daughters grandparents dont know what they are missing.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 12:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My step daughter does because when her mother and father split she lived at her grandparents for a few years. Well they took it to far and told her that was her mom and dad and she believes it. It is horrible!
    Anonymous

• well, i live with my parents, and they spoil my kids rotten even when i am trying to disiplcine them. it drives me nuts, but if i had my own place my kids would probably spend every weekend here. (free babysitter, the kids love it, the GP's love it, I get free time so I love it!)
    deanamfinley

Answer by deanamfinley at 2:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My son wants to live at Ma and Pa's simply cause there he gets coke, creamer, and crap to eat and drink. Plus his fourwheeler is over there.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:47 PM on May. 29, 2009