Still bleeding 7 weeks postpartum

I gave birth via C section on April 6th. After about 4 weeks the bleeding slowed to just the brownish stuff here and there. Then a week later it started red again which I considered to be my period. At my 6 week check my dr. said it was most likely my period. I started the pill again and have been on it for about a week and am still bleeding! It's not heavy but it varies from brown to red and it's getting very annoying. I thought taking the pill gain would certainly stop the bleeding. Is this normal or what could be up? Anyone else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't go on the pill post-partum....but, I did bleed for almost 6 months. I have no idea why....I only bled for 5 weeks with my first. Not trying to scare you, sorry...lol...
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 12:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Same here, I bled for MONTHS after I had my son. It sucked really bad. Sorry...
    Anonymous

• I bled nearly consistently for three months it was rough I was so raw "down there from it" good luck is all i can say and sorry
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:10 PM on May. 30, 2009