Need Help Potty Training

Im a first time mom and my daughter is turning 2 yrs old on june 25th. i put her on the potty as often as i can (i work and go to school so i have a hectic schedule) but she will sit there for a good hour and a half and not go.. a few times we sat there for about 3 hrs reading books and she would go, but should it really take that long? sometimes i even give her a cup so that she can feel the need to go. help please!

bubbles282008

Asked by bubbles282008 at 11:52 AM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does she go in and watch you pee? maybe she doesn't know what to do. What worked for me was I had to bribe her with M&M's. I told myself i never would bribe with candy. But it works, I'll ask, do you have to go to the bathroom? she'll say no. If I ask do yo uwant to go to the bathroom for an M&M- she'll say yes everytime. I'm not big on candy or bribery, but thats what they were doing at her daycare and it worked there, so I tried it at home. Good luck.
    casd

Answer by casd at 11:57 AM on May. 29, 2009

• is she ready to potty train? if she isnt aware of her body yet, it may not be time..
    My dd has went potty with me since she could follow me to the bathroom. once she was ready to potty train we went bottomless for 5 days (no panties, diaper, or anything tight around diaper area-- lots of sweatpants or dresses) and she was potty trained.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:36 PM on May. 29, 2009