Help! My son fights going to sleep at bedtime or even to nap and he is very fussy.

I am running out of ideas. I am a single parent and my son is generally a great baby. He hardly ever cries but the last 2 days he wont go to sleep at bedtime or even to nap. Last night he was up till 12 a.m. crying. He was fed, bathed and changed and he still wouldn't sleep. He has no fever either. He has been drooling a little lately but he already has about 12 teeth so I am not sure if he is teething. Please any advice will help. Thanks

chelsey1

Asked by chelsey1 at 12:02 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter used to do the same thing. Turned out she was over tired. I started putting her to bed a little earlier and starting her naps earlier also. It is worth a try!
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 12:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You don't mention how old your son is. With twelve teeth, does that mean he doesn't yet have his eye teeth? If that's the case, you may find that they're the problem. Try giving him Tylenol (or equivalent) before going to sleep. We sometimes went through times when we had trouble getting him to sleep and it was almost always teething related (or he was coming down with a cold and we didn't realize it yet).
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:20 PM on May. 29, 2009